Yamaha RGX-520-FZ

GarysBlues

• Members

About 2-weeks ago I bought a SG Standard 1999 in very good condition. So I been getting into it alot the past couple weeks and have become very familiar with it. All in all a very nice guitar. The neck is great for me, very comfortable, very nice balence. Anyway today actually this morning I spent a couple hours A-B-ing the SG with my Yamaha RGX-520-FZ. Mind you now the Yamaha cost me $350 out the door NO-Tax and no case or bag. You guys are familiar with Gibson. This Yamaha MORE than holds its own against the Gibson. It sounds VERY NICE played side by side. The Balence, Feel, Tone, Neck, Comfortability all rival the Gibson SG. The Gibson has Nice Appointments but the RGX also has VERY nice appointments. I'll put up photos pf both so you can see the RGX in case you don't know what I'm talking about.................My Conclusion....The RGX is every bit as good as the SG in all departments. And to go a step a further. I also played the RGX-320, which is the same guitar minus the Flame-Maple-Top and matching headstock. I know that the SG has a certain lure to it. And don't get me wrong..I love the SG, it has MOJO. Its a very nice axe. All I'm saying here is that for $399. you can own a guitar that plays every bit as good and has a very nice voice. OUTPUT is the same on the two. Difference is the RGX has a 25-1/2 scale while the SG has a 24-3/4 scale. If you are in the market for a Dual Humbucker electric and are on a Buget? Give this baby a Test Drive...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! :thu: :thu: :thu:jan23_01.jpgfeb24_02.jpgP_RGX520FZ.jpg

• Members

If you prefer the 24 3/4" scale length, take a look at Yamaha's AES series of guitars.

I recently got a AES420 new from samash.com for the incredible price of $159.99. Mahogany body, set mahogany neck, good tuners, quality hardware and pickups, sounds and plays great.

If you can get past the look and just sit down and play the thing, you'll find an incredible guitar for the money that can easily hold it's own against guitars that cost 4-5X more.

The AES series are made in Korea, and (like most Yamahas) are not just good guitars for the money, but good guitars period. Hell, you can't even get a MIK Agile for $159.99 anymore.

I can only imagine how good their upper-line AES series guitars are.

Archived