Is it safe to...

mrbrown49

• Members

Mine is one of the new ones, nothing special. Its been has new pups and a bigsby now, so I am not worried about marking up a precious guitar.

In THAT case - go right ahead --

Seriously... I wonder what it would do to body resonance....

• Members

Just a quick question. To improve the balance on my guitar I wanted to move the strap button to neck heel. The guitar is an ibanez artist with a set neck. Is it safe to drill in the heel, or will it affect the neck joint?

Thanks,

scott

I wouldnt recomend having the strap "button" on the neck heel. Put it near the heel like on Gibson SG, Explorers..etc. Don't forget when you are positioning it to consider where the strap will be in relation to your fretting hand. You dont want to hit into it everytime you play on the upper frets.

• Members

I wouldnt recomend having the strap "button" on the neck heel. Put it near the heel like on Gibson SG, Explorers..etc. Don't forget when you are positioning it to consider where the strap will be in relation to your fretting hand. You dont want to hit into it everytime you play on the upper frets.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Fortunatly, It won't get in the way at all if I position it that way. my hand rarely comes up over the heel, but kind of rocks around it. Alot of people don't like the heel on this model, but the curve fits my hand perfectly .

Thanks for your help guys. I get nervous when ever a cutting tool is near my guitars. I almost had a heart attack when I was putting the bigsby on it.

• Members

I'll let you know if it has an effect. Do you think it would have a neg affect? Its a pretty resonant guitar as it is, hopefully that doesn't change.

I absolutely think it could affect body resonance.... how much?? I don't know... But sticking a screw in the middle of the body can only negatively impact it.

Archived