Anybody have or familiar with Westone guitars?

opethinfinity

• Members

I had a Westone Thunder 1A many years ago. It played really well, though I went & got a Jackson Professional when they were 1st released and that was more 'me'.

I broke the active electronics on it, then gave it to my brother (who used to have a Thunder 1 before selling it) but he managed to completely warp the neck and it's now totally unusable... idiot...

• Members

My first guitar was a red Westone Spectrum St :thu:

For the price was a nice guitar IMO,I still have it and play it sometimes

Here are the specs I've found on the link posted before:

Body - solid Maple

Neck - hard Maple

Fingerboard - Rosewood

Nut - graphite

Scale/frets - 25.5 inches, 22 nickel silver frets

Machine heads - Gotoh TSA (Tremolo System Approved)

Pickups - Magnaflux I UBC (Unbalanced coil)

Controls - volume, tone (Push/pull switch for coil tap), 3 way pickupselector

Control knobs - Switchmaster

Bridge - Tekglide II trem

Hardware - Chrome

spectrumstfront.jpg

• Members

All the matsumoku westone models are excellent quality guitars as well as matsumoku electra, vantage, aria, univox, etc. There were some korean made ones to avoid but overall even some of the korean ones are decent. " used to have this Westone Bendmaster II" the bendmaster is the trem, I believe that is a Spectrum. I used to see them all the time locally but they are getting harder to come by. Every time I see one that is in decent condition cheap I buy it. They still go for cheap on ebay, most people don't realize what a good value they are and instead spend their money on m.i.c., m.i.i and m.i.k. junk, now is the time to buy them.

• Members

I considered buying one many times back in the early 80's. I remember that they were good guitars. It seems to me that there is a Westone guitar site on the net nowadays, but I don't think they are the same company-I could be wrong, though.

-Mikey

• Members

I have a black, 1986 MIJ, Westone Spectrum ST.

They have dual Magnaflux (coil-split humbuckers), with real good quality Gotoh tuners.

The bodies are made of hard maple, so they are not light.

But....they are practically indestructible with great sustain.

I play it through an Epiphone Junior Valve amp and a home-built 1 x10 cabinet, with 1960's smooth-cone Utah Alnico guitar speaker.

The combination gets compliments from everyone, especially the Westone!!

Wouldn't sell mine for the world!!!

Steve

Archived