Ace Frehley's Tone.

Peekaboo Fuzzy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps all this about "thin" sound (which is greatly exaggerated IMO) has something to do with him using gauge 8 strings. Don't forget, the fattest component of all in the studio back then: analog tape, analog consoles and analog compressors.
:thu:

Fuzzy has got it right:thu:

Lots of the big sounds back then were dimed marshalls and recorded with analog equipment, hence the classic sound.

• Members

he's said they only kept the drum tracks, everything else was rerecorded and they dubbed in crowd noises from monday night football

Not true at all. A few vocal and guitar parts were redone, the same as all live albums. But the thing that pisses people off the most, is done on EVERY live album too. They put in more crowd noises, Frampton Comes Alive is the worst. It sounds like a million people were there to see him.

• Members

The guy who is the most adamant about the fact that Ace was never in the studio is, suprise ---Gene Simmons!!! I know rock stars are all about ego, but damn. Never once, in any interview, is any credit given to Ace or Peter for Kiss' success. I long ago got over Kiss, but to have such a great piece of your past tainted by Mr. Klein just sucks. No Kiss, I never pick up a guitar, period. And that's 'cause of Ace.

• Members

I have been hearing this crap about kiss since 1974.

no one ever gave them any credit for anything.

the Makeup really {censored}ed them up and much as it made them famous.

Kiss (Ace Peter Gene and Paul) were a great band. Gene and Paul got Lucky when Ace and Peter came along and Kiss was formed. Ace is a great guitar player with some outstanding leads and solos. listen to ace and you can hear some Jimmy page.Listen to Slash and you can hear Ace.

Ace and Peter were true rock and rollers and the heart and soul of the band. they never liked the makeup in the beginning but it was their hook and they went with it. when it got to be too much for Ace he left and Peter reluctantly left soon after.

Gene and Paul have always been about the marketing....which is not what Ace and Peter were into. they just wanted to rock

when Ace and Peter left there has not been a kiss album worth a {censored}.

plain and simple. thats all you have to look at.

whenever a kiss tour is announced the first question is always .....will Ace and Peter be there?

• Members

I have been hearing this crap about kiss since 1974.

no one ever gave them any credit for anything.

the Makeup really {censored}ed them up and much as it made them famous.

Kiss (Ace Peter Gene and Paul) were a great band. Gene and Paul got Lucky when Ace and Peter came along and Kiss was formed. Ace is a great guitar player with some outstanding leads and solos. listen to ace and you can hear some Jimmy page.Listen to Slash and you can hear Ace.

Ace and Peter were true rock and rollers and the heart and soul of the band. they never liked the makeup in the beginning but it was their hook and they went with it. when it got to be too much for Ace he left and Peter reluctantly left soon after.

Gene and Paul have always been about the marketing....which is not what Ace and Peter were into. they just wanted to rock

when Ace and Peter left there has not been a kiss album worth a {censored}.

plain and simple. thats all you have to look at.

whenever a kiss tour is announced the first question is always .....will Ace and Peter be there?

Good point about there not being a good album without Ace and Peter.

Archived