Iron Maiden Signature Fender Stratocaster, idea where to get one?

neopl

• Members

Looks like the neck has some good flaming going on. That's typically considered better & most companies will charge more for a flamed maple neck if it's an option in selecting a custom guitar.

guess its my lucky day then :D

• Members

so im getting one this Saturday, guy sent me some pix. Is this how maple neck should really look, I never had maple, and it looks like a water spill, but i guess tis just how the wood looks.

noname2.jpg
noname1.jpg

There's something off with that guitar, I think. I have a real Maiden sig, and I've seen dozens of others, and not only is the tint of the finish on the neck not quite right (the real Maidens had more of a satin finish), I've never seen another one with that degree of flame. Also, and maybe it's just the pic angle, but the trem cavity on the top of the guitar looks a bit too large. All the Maidens I've seen, the cavity was slightly larger than the base of the trem, not a huge claw cavity like that one has. But, that may be the angle of the pic. The neck is certainly suspect, though. I'd be really, really skeptical of that guitar, and would see if I could get the serial # off the back of the head stock to make sure everything was on the up and up.

• Members

First of all g'day to you all, my first post here, tho I've been a lurker :) I think I should add 2eurocents, since I own one of these babies.

@silverfacechamp - it's indeed the camera angle that's confusing you. I've got one right next to me and that's how it looks if you take a pic from that angle and you use the flash. Also, those are awfully dirty lenses :)

Regarding the neck, mine does have a less orange tint to it and almost no figuring, but I think you might actually be having luck in that respect, that one looks absolutely sweet when compared to the neck on my Maiden sig :)

• Members

@silverfacechamp - it's indeed the camera angle that's confusing you. I've got one right next to me and that's how it looks if you take a pic from that angle and you use the flash. Also, those are awfully dirty lenses
:)

Regarding the neck, mine does have a less orange tint to it and almost no figuring, but I think you might actually be having luck in that respect, that one looks absolutely sweet when compared to the neck on my Maiden sig
:)

Yeah, I'm in Oklahoma for the next coupla months, so all my guitars save two are locked away at my house in North Dakota, so I couldn't physically look at mine to see. But thanks for the input and confirming that it is indeed the camera angle.

The neck still bugs me, though. The figuring in and of itself may just be dumb luck, but the tint on the neck itself seems....'off'....from the one I own and the others I've seen....it's too glossy, almost like some of the custom shop Fenders instead of the satin finish that's supposed to be on it. Who knows. That may be camera trickery also. I'd say get the serial number and that should at least tell you if it's close to being correct.

• Members

Yeah, I'm in Oklahoma for the next coupla months, so all my guitars save two are locked away at my house in North Dakota, so I couldn't physically look at mine to see. But thanks for the input and confirming that it is indeed the camera angle.

The neck still bugs me, though. The figuring in and of itself may just be dumb luck, but the tint on the neck itself seems....'off'....from the one I own and the others I've seen....it's too glossy, almost like some of the custom shop Fenders instead of the satin finish that's supposed to be on it. Who knows. That may be camera trickery also. I'd say get the serial number and that should at least tell you if it's close to being correct.

Hey thanks guys, now yes, I have the serial number, this guy took a picture of the back, with the crafted in japan sign and the serial number. Thing is, im in school now and have no access to those pictures. But could you tell me, how is the serial number going to help me to determine the authenticity of the guitar? I'll post it when i get home.

• Members

Hey thanks guys, now yes, I have the serial number, this guy took a picture of the back, with the crafted in japan sign and the serial number. Thing is, im in school now and have no access to those pictures. But could you tell me, how is the serial number going to help me to determine the authenticity of the guitar? I'll post it when i get home.

The serial number isn't a 100%, because those can be faked also, but it IS one other thing that would have to faked if indeed it is a replica. The neck looks like an aftermarket or custom shop pull from those pics (because of the high degree of figuring and the tinting of the finish), but if it has a CIJ serial on the back of the headstock, then it's likely legit, and you have yourself one of the most highly figured Maiden Strats in existence, and since there aren't a lot of them to begin with, one that looks like that one does may be even more desirable down the road.

Congrats man. They're a KILLER guitar. Easily one of the best super Strats ever made. :thu:

• Members

so im home, i got the serial number in front of me, what should i do with it? Call fender and ask?

edit:

I called fender and the guy was not able to find the guitar in the system, he said that that it doesn't mean anything because its very hard to track down those older (2001) Japanese guitars. And by any means it doesn't mean its not authentic. Any other way i can look into it?

edit2:

Om checking fender site (the product dating), and so far it checks. Japanese strat Crafted in Japan P + 5 OR 6 DIGITS 1999-2002 and thats exactly what year the guitar is from. Serial starts with P has 6 digits.

http://www.fender.com/support/dating/japanese_dating.php

Archived