GFS Squier '51 Bridge

DaveGrima

• Members

Hey I recently bought the GFS squier '51 replacement bridge and I cant see that it's any better than the stock one. The stock one seems to be made out of the same material and is actually a little bigger and heavier. Does anyone elso have one of these? Can you explain to me how this is an upgrade over stock as the web site says it is? Thanks.:wave:

• Members

Hey I recently bought the GFS squier '51 replacement bridge and I cant see that it's any better than the stock one. The stock one seems to be made out of the same material and is actually a little bigger and heavier. Does anyone elso have one of these? Can you explain to me how this is an upgrade over stock as the web site says it is? Thanks.
:wave:

put it on and you'll see... the saddle screws are a big improvement...

• Members

I found it makes it way easier to change strings.

a quick bend of the string end cures that on either bridge...

The bridge - to me -- was just a bit more 'stable' ... if that makes sense.

• Members

I love mine. I felt it was quite an improvement.

Slightly thicker bridge, but the saddles are the real improvement. MUCH easier to string and not nearly as picky about the adjustment of the height screws (buzzing).

I put a thin shim in mine so the height adjusment screws would be flush. Feels like butter, solid, easy to adjust and load. It would be the first upgrade I would make (along with the nut) on a 51.

Plus, I bought the black bridge, and it looks slick on the sunburst.

• Members

I've just gotten a '51, and used the GFS bridge in the past on another guitar.

The GFS is 'OK', with soft screws and a propensity to flip saddles over when changing strings. Works well once set up, though.

The '51 seems as good as any other cheaper fixed bridge I've used. No buzzes or rattles or anything.

Larry

• Members

My first '51 had buzzing saddles, and the GFS bridge cured that. I used it on my second '51 just because it was so much easier to restring and it was a cheap upgrade.

The third '51 I worked on that I got for a friend didn't have any buzzing, and I left the stock bridge on it.

Archived