KFC - Muck Finnesota vs. Fentucky yells Kuck

• Members

Muck Finnesota vs. Fentucky yells Kuck. Muck is not a four-letter-word, therefore you can say it on television, Finnesota is not a state.... "Samstag Nacht", the German equivalent of "Saturday Night Live" used to have a section called:

"Kentucky schreit Ficken" pronounced "Kentucky fried Chicken" but translating to "Kentucky yells {censored}"

While the German audience loved the profane and sexual innuendo of these jokes, it would be almost impossible to even broadcast them here in the US without an annoying overlaid beep sound. It

• Members

I do the occasional drop in on a friend of mine who dj's at the local radio station. And I used the word "muck" one time in some humorous stuff we were doing. I used the phrase "muck it up" instead of the 'f' version.

Sometimes we will do a skit and pre-record it, but most of the time we just do it live and shoot from the hip.

Well, after we did that little bit and went into the next song, once the mics weren't live he told that you really shouldn't use "muck". He said it's too close and could too easily be mistaken for the other word.

Whoops! :D

And the station has two rules. The two rules of radio they say...

Don't be late, and don't cuss on the air.

I gave up on my dreams as a janitor (uh...radio dj...) upon seeing these rules. :D

Archived