BrownsVille guitars??

chromatica17

• Members

I've been on the hunt for a 7 string for a few weeks now, and today came across this. http://cgi.ebay.com/Brownsville-URF777-7-String-Electric_W0QQitemZ110145903486QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now since this is the first time I've ever even heard of the company I thought I'd ask for your opinions.

Also, what do you think about the Esp ltd F-207 and M-207 guitars??

• Members

Brownsville is the inexpensive house brand for Sam Ash.

BUT! - I believe I read somewhere on here that the name has been around for rather a while.

Ah, I see. They seem to have good reviews on Samash and here. Although I can't find the 7 string model that I'm looking at.

• Members

I don't have any knowledge of that model. Brownsville is definitely a house/budget brand, and I might be a little leery of getting Floyd-type trem without being able to try it out.

That being said, I recently got this beauty for a Benjamin in a local pawn, and she's worth every penny. Nice alnico toaster-top single-coils that even have the middle pup RW/RP!

419396776_8ba65ee8cc.jpg

• Members

I don't have any knowledge of that model. Brownsville is definitely a house/budget brand, and I might be a little leery of getting Floyd-type trem without being able to try it out.

That being said, I recently got this beauty for a Benjamin in a local pawn, and she's worth every penny. Nice alnico toaster-top single-coils that even have the middle pup RW/RP!

419396776_8ba65ee8cc.jpg

The trem is definitely my main concern. It could be replaced if it's no good, but at that point I could just spend the extra money and get a guitar that I know for certain is reliable.

I Just wish I knew what price range this thing is from so I can make a better judgment.

• Members

Alot of those Brownsville guitars are made in the same place as Hamers and Kramers and could be B-stocks of that and the like of Hofner, Epiphone and others. The cherry red 335 type guitar is a dead ringer on an Epi b-stock, or possibly the wood is much cheaper because the grain is much darker and .............looks a little scary. Brownsville has some decent models, even a Paul McCartney Beatle Bass a'la Hofner (with the H headstock reversed) but the parts are cheap and the electronics are probably b-stock crap that got left over from assemblies of prior guitars. Recyclement has its place, like donut holes...somebody's going to get some cash out of these parts yet.

• Members
I had a semi hollow from Brownsville. Had a million problems but I still liked how it felt to play. However, I had to sell it as it was just too big and heavey for little me.

That's odd that a semi would be heavy. What model was it?

• Members

Alot of those Brownsville guitars are made in the same place as Hamers and Kramers and could be B-stocks of that and the like of Hofner, Epiphone and others. The cherry red 335 type guitar is a dead ringer on an Epi b-stock, or possibly the wood is much cheaper because the grain is much darker and .............looks a little scary. Brownsville has some decent models, even a Paul McCartney Beatle Bass a'la Hofner (with the H headstock reversed) but the parts are cheap and the electronics are probably b-stock crap that got left over from assemblies of prior guitars. Recyclement has its place, like donut holes...somebody's going to get some cash out of these parts yet.

I believe the newer Brownsville LP and 335-types are identical to the comparable SX models (GG2 and GG5) - they even carry the same model designations, thus would make me believe they are one and the same (cheaper as the SX through Rondo).

I briefly played the Brownsville 335 clone (GG5) at a Sam Ash not too long ago - I thought it WAS heavy for a semi myself...but the frets were really good.

• Members

Ok now this is really perplexing.

Is this not the exact same guitar as the BrownsVille, only under a different name?

Looks like it to me. Why not try out the Agile 7 stringers. I've heard good things about those.

http://www.rondomusic.net/interceptor.html

http://www.rondomusic.net/product999.html

• Members

Looks like it to me. Why not try out the Agile 7 stringers. I've heard good things about those.

I was actually looking at the Interceptor w/trem. I'm just not sure though. I keep looking at these cheaper ones, and then change my mind and consider just going for a new Ibanez 1527.

I really don't want to make a purchase I'll regret.

• Members

I was actually looking at the Interceptor w/trem. I'm just not sure though. I keep looking at these cheaper ones, and then change my mind and consider just going for a new Ibanez 1527.

I really don't want to make a purchase I'll regret.

Even better! Might as well go with the original 7 string kings.:thu:

Archived