Godin Flat Five

jonny guitar

• Members

Well, I am impressed. I have tried a couple of these in the past and didn't really gel with them trying to play jazz on them but I was totally out to lunch...they are not jazz guitars; they are kick ass everything else guitar that do a passable jazz sound when called upon. I really don't know why I was thinking jazz in association these guitars..slightly overdriven is damn near perfect tones.

The 16" radius, 24 3/4 scale, silky smooth neck all lead to a guitar that just about plays itself...serious ease of play; though it loves to shred speed, it really sustains and just begs for vibrato and slow bends; 5 way pup selection gives a whack of sounds to cover pretty much all my needs; finish is beautiful (but not over the top as some companies tend to do); guitar is relatively light and very comfy and well balanced.

Rock, Blues, Country, Fusion all sound great and I haven't even picked up my other guitars since I got it. I did a lot of searching on forums about the Flat Five and decided it needs more love. Some I have seen in stores had some lazy finish work in the F-holes but this one is nice. :wave:

• Members

^^ Your pic is more representative of the actual colour of mine...pic came out really light for some reason.

They really don't get very much attention...they deserve way more.

I definitely think those are cool, but I really dig the Montreal more :)

229371.jpg

• Members

I definitely think those are cool, but I really dig the Montreal more
:)

I think the Montreal is a better jazz gutiar but the Mahagony will make it a less versatile guitar imo...and I hate those flat parts on the lower bout (I know the flat five x has them too). And lastly, as a westerner I refuse to own anything that says Montreal on it cept for smoked meat; life behind the Poutine Curtain is very different than here.

Archived