Framus Guitars - Any good??

Faber

• Members

Tried a Framus Renegade last nioght - basically a tele style w two HBs. Great sounding and playing little thing, and as far as I could tell, well made.

What are the general consensus on current Framus guitars? Are they any good? Anything to watch out for? Any horror stories

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have a Framus Tennessee Custom. QC is as good as anything I've ever seen or owned, and I've owned a lot of high end guitars. The neck contour isn't a baseball bat or a shredder neck...feels closest to a 60s slim taper, or the necks of my old Tele Jr's. The contour is a medium C-shape. It would be fine for most folks, but it's a bit too small for me due to some fret hand issues I have.

Mine has the "arist package" upgrades...which are little more than a flamed maple neck and gold hardware. Art Thompson of Guitar Player magazine compared it favorably to a Hamer Newport Superpro and a PRS Hollowbody.

I wish Framus would bring them here through the Warwick distro netwoork. At the current price points, it's a tremendous value for a hand crafted instrument. I've not seen better wood on guitars costing twice as much from Gibson or PRS.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm selling mine. I took a chance on it, but the neck is just a bit too small for me. I have nerve damage in my left hand from a car accident, and the only necks that I can play on now are "baseball bat" sizes. This is more of a medium C, not unlike an SG, LP Classic, or even an American strat/Tele.

Archived