Any Agile Valkyrie owners out there?

IRG

• Members

Like this one: http://www.rondomusic.net/valkyrieiiip90.html

or the humbucking version: http://www.rondomusic.net/product698.html

Anyone own or play one of these? How do they compare to the Epi SG versions? I have never liked the SG style, but slowly it is growing on me. More of a Tele and LP kinda guy.

I own one Agile P-90 guitar the Harm 1 and it is pretty good. Had an AL2000 and it was decent but I sold it. Like my Epi LP better. But with mods it was also 3x the price. So any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. The review section seems to be down, as is the search, grrrr.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I'm thinking of picking up an Agile Valkyrie III HC (http://www.rondomusic.net/valkyriehc.html). My buddy had another Agile SG knockoff (another Valkyrie, presumably?) and I absolutely loved playing it. I've read awesome reviews on here about this guitar, but I also read that the top heaviness of the guitar is still an issue. So my question is, if anyone owns one, do you just suck it up and let it be top heavy or do something to counterbalance it? I don't think this would be a dealbreaker for me, I'm just curious. Thanks.

• Members

I got one around the time Krashpad got his and I too paid $99... It was ok.. played good ,intonated good, but had a body as heavy as cast iron, it was neck heavy in the extreme.. If you let the guitar go , the neck would nosedive toward the floor.. The body was not resonant, and the humbucking pickups did not impress me..Good pickups would have made it sound better I am sure but I did not keep it long enough to find out.. I sold it within a few weeks for $225 shipped with a nice bag and set up... It is NO Gibson SG thats for sure, but with good pickups would be a good rock guitar if you don't mind the weight and lack of balance... I was used to a feather light original 1961 SG at the time and was sadly disappointed, but when I think back, it was an unrealistic expectation I placed on it... I would buy another Valkyrie cheap if I could find one... I do like my cheapo Hofner Colorama MUCH better for that style guitar.... bob

• 5 months later...
  • Members

It just so happens that my P90 model just arrived. Now I have both the Agile Valkyrie III HSBF and the Agile Valkyrie III P90s. I am impressed with both guitarsw and they are two completely different animals at first glance. The HSBF model sounds so sweet compared to what you get with the P90s. I'm beginning to like these Valkyries alot and I may just buy another.

And also, nice to see another JV owner out there, especially in the good old US of A.

smodown

• Members

Wow, this was an old thread. I see there is another Valkyrie with p-90s now. I ended up getting an Epi G-400. I would love it if it had p_90s a bit more. I guess I prefer the traditional shape of the Epi, but the Agile V is a nice instrument too.

• Members

I had to comment, there were just too many coincidences to ignore. After todays delivery, I went out to see if I could find any negative comments (other than the usual to neck heavy variety) and had a hard time finding any when I came upon this post. I have owned an SG in the past (1976) and many knockoffs incliding the Epi G400 and the G310 to boot and I can honestly say, the Valkyrie works for me. In this day of quality electric guitars for around $200, the Valkyrie is a good choice. The P90 model is noticeably lighter and the wood has some grain to it the HSBF doesn't. Maybe a sign of inferior wood but as I recall my SG of old, it just wasn't that heavy either.

I know this post is late, but try one. You'll like it.

• Members

The Valkrie works for me too. The Gibson Faded I would buy, but as far as the G-400 or G-310, I will take my Valkrie, nothing against the Epiphone. The Valkrie is very well made and I just put a couple of GFS PAF pups in it. I dig it.

I did have it up for sell at one point but for the time being I am holding it. I am waiting for the PRS SE One.

DSCF0585.jpg

SE1.jpg

Archived