TALKING GEAR WITH UNCLE TED

GretschGuy

• Members

What was the first guitar you rocked on in a performance and what gauge strings do you find the most suitable for your screaming riffs?

I play all kinds of guitars but crave my mighty Gibson Byrdlands with GHS .10, .12, .15, 24, 34, 44 strings thru Peavey amps. goodluck, BloodBrothers, Ted

What kind of guitar would you recommend to a player who enjoys your genre of music?--Alex

a loud one! T

So my question is, do you use a distorsion pedal, or do you just get it from a certain amp setting? And what kind of wah pedal was that you were using?

Peavey 5150s straight!! Crybaby & Morely wah!! its all in the hands, ballz & spirit & R&B attitude!! not to mention the greatest damn musicians in the world!! RnR BloodBrothers, Ted

What kind of acoustic guitar do you play, and why do you like it?

Gibson J200 & Taylor, call Calvin Ross at Lone Star Archery 254-771- 1661. Tell 'em Nugent sent ya!

Can anyone tell me the origin or meaning of the logo of the wolf howling at the moon on all of his older work? i.e., Catch Scratch Fever, Free For All... It is also shown on the cover of the first issue of, Ted Nugent's World Bowhunter Magazine.

Our BloodBrother The Wolf truly represents The Great Spirit of the Wild as a wild & free beast of individuality & pack attitude. He embodies nature to the Xtreme!! Ted

On the song "Journey to the Center of your Mind," during the little break. There is just that 3 or 4 chord guitar part.. What effects were you using on that? Some type of fuzz box..?

A stock Gibson Bydland guitar thru a Fender Bassman amp thru 6 10" Silvertone spkrs, with massiv attitude & R&B spirit!! T

Hey Uncle Ted, I've always wondered what amp setup you used to record the Epic Ted Nugent album, and the amps on the Double Live Gonzo record. That's the ultimate rock-n-roll, Byrdland Tone. Randy - Nashville TN

Many Fender twin reverbs maxed out with my mighty Byrdland.

Ted, how to you keep your Byrdland in tune? I started out playing Gibson but switched to a Strat. For nostalgia purposes, I recently purchased another SG and a Les Paul standard goldtop. I cannot keep either of these instruments in tune if I bend the strings. Tried using .009s and .010s on high and locking the strings on the machines etc. but nothing seems to work.

Gotta stretch the {censored} out of new strings, lightly lube (custom string oil-616-685-1866) each bridge saddle & nut slot when restringing & develop a light, sexy touch!! T

I seem to remember a quote that was attributed to you about stupid people saying stupid things. Can you give me the full quote? George Melissa, TX

Freedom of speech is ultra important so stupid people will make their stupid statements so we know how stupid they are.

What do you do to warm up before a show (musically)?

I stretch a bit & krank away on my guitar backstage for a few minutes before the assault, but mostly my prep is a clean, active lifestyle!! Goodluck & Godbless, BBT

I know Cliff Davies was the drummer on your first Epic album in the studio but when you took the band on the road, who was the drummer that toured with you before Cliff joined the live band?

Brian Staffeld, before that Vic Mastrianni

deadly tedly!!! im curious to know what amp and guitar yer using on the new single being played "CraveMan', on the riff. super huge sound. and what recording techniques and how loud did it have to be in the control room? heheh

germ in howell michigan

Byrdland & Peavey 5150IIs, call 40oz Studio in Ann Arbor, MI for more details

I am a huge fan of your music. I am learning cat scratch fever. Could you tell me what , if any effects, and your amp settings.

Gibson guitar in Fender amp with tons-o-attitude.

Archived