Stellar Guitars ??

Leisure Lee

• Members

[ATTACH]245388[/ATTACH]I have a black one modeled after the "Black Beauty" that I think is'nt a bad guitar.

All I've changed so far has been the bridge, not because it was non functional but that it looked cheap!

After a proper set up she's been a fine guitar!

Hell, I haven't even seen a need to change the pick ups!

The other thing that comes to mind is if it comes with the stock case, trash it! Not enough neck support! I've got mine in an Epiphone case.

Here's a link to the manufactures site http://www.stellarguitars.com/electric.htm

• Members

From what I've read on these forums, the reviews for those guitars aren't too... stellar. :D

From what I remember, the LP copies aren't up to the level of Agile. More like Jay Turser in the hit-or-miss category. Since it's Craigslist, try it before you buy it.

• Members

I've also heard/read that they were kinda hit & miss,esp when ordering them from eBay.Having said that,I was eye-balling one on eBay(used) that didn't sell after a few relists,so I worked out a deal with the guy.

I like mine,but I'm pretty sure it's an older model.The Custom-styles now have Gold hardware & Grover-looking tuners,as opposed to the Keystones that came on mine & the Chrome.It is no threat to my Epi LE LPC,however,which was of the most interest to me.It IS considerably lighter,tho & with upgraded p/ups (DiM PAF/Super III) is plenty gig-worthy.I never heard the stock p/ups,I sent the DiMs for him to install as part of the deal.

A guy on the SD Forum was selling one pretty damn cheap recently,if I had the cash I prolly woulda snared it,just because.I'm interested in reading the new owner's review when it shows,too!!!

Here's pics,although it has Gold Speed knobs now:

100_1394.jpg

100_1397.jpg

100_1395.jpg

Overall,I'm glad I got it.

:thu:

• Members

My dad has a hollowbody with trapeeze tailpiece. paid 199 for it and it came with cable hsc, next week they were 799...and I havent seen any since the week after, so I guess they sold good? but it plays amazing, very low action and really good pickups too...dunno if i would pay 800 for one, but for 199 i wish i wouldve gotten one too...

Thats all I have to say about that:D

• Members

...like this ash top, mahogany neck/back/sides for $240

01.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Stellar-Jazz-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar-ASH-TOP_W0QQitemZ230174259286QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I had one for a day. It was less than stellar. I opened the box and strummed it a bit and you'd have thought someone hit rewind it went back in the box so fast. OE40 Oscar Schmidt Jazz Box is 200x better for less money too.

• Members

I had one for a day. It was less than stellar. I opened the box and strummed it a bit and you'd have thought someone hit rewind it went back in the box so fast. OE40 Oscar Schmidt Jazz Box is 200x better for less money too.

Ouch. I owned a OE40 for a few days (before it went back because of a separated FB), I didn't think it was too bad (not great). Good neck, kinda bright, needed a bunch of hardware mods but worth the $150.

What is it that you didn't like about the Stellar?

Archived