Intriguing amp though....

mrbrown49

• Members

Ampegs are cool. My early 60's Reverberocket is my "go-to" amp.

How much are they going to ask for this new J-20 model?

I think about $800. I could be wrong, but its hand wired. I just wish they put their reverb on it. That glass reverb is really part of the ampeg sound for me.

I have a 1965 gemini I and a newer superocket, and I love them both. I havn't had the pleasure of playing an early 60s reverberocket yet but they have been an underated amp since they came out. SRV loved them and frampton had one in the center of his amp chain for alot of his career. Great stuff!

• Members

I think about $800. I could be wrong, but its hand wired. I just wish they put their reverb on it. That glass reverb is really part of the ampeg sound for me.

I have a 1965 gemini I and a newer superocket, and I love them both. I havn't had the pleasure of playing an early 60s reverberocket yet but they have been an underated amp since they came out. SRV loved them and frampton had one in the center of his amp chain for alot of his career. Great stuff!

Nice!:cool:

Hmmm...$800........They making them in the USA? Seems a bit steep considering you can get a vintage Ampeg with reverb for $800 or less.

• Members

Man, that thing is EXACTLY what I want in an amp. 12" speaker, no reverb, tremolo, no tone stack/master volume/fx loop to get in the way. If I can't get my hands on a used Emery Stagebaby, that'll probably be my next amp.

Archived