need to date my ovation

ej

• Members

I looked there but i didn't see an option for 7 a digit serial, and knowing the guy i bought it off of, its the butt end of the line. Its a celebrity i beleve (leaf holes).

Think a movie would be good too?

Celebrities are MIK - so the only way you can date is by the pre-amp, and then only within the context of a set of years.

Since it's a (relatively) cheap Korean model, I'd say anything over a burger and fries and a matinee would be overkill....

• Members

Celebrities are MIK - so the only way you can date is by the pre-amp, and then only within the context of a set of years.

Since it's a (relatively) cheap Korean model, I'd say anything over a burger and fries and a matinee would be overkill....

well... it says Ovation USA in the bowl, does that mean made in USA or just letting me know that "hey, you coulda gotten a US model. Stupid"?

• Members

Don't know about that! To my knowledge, Celebrities have always strictly been MIK. Take a look at the small print on the label - does it say "Made in Korea" or Made in USA"?

However - take a look at this page: http://www.ovationtribute.com/Pr%E9-amplis/Ovation%20Preamps.html

I believe this shows all the preamps Ovation has offered. When you find out what preamp you have, then you can find out what the (approx) date of production was.

• Members

well thats lovely. It says "(????)" under the preamp option that mine has....

I guess i'm striking out alot today

Is that the DJ-4? If so, it's the same one on the Celebrity Deluxe I had, and that instrument dated from the early '90s (93-95). Does this help?

• Members

well if your that hard up for a date, i'll talk to her sister for ya, see if she can set you up

The Celebrity has a "super shallow" bowl, so you'll probably want to be up on the latest doings of Paris, Britney and Lindsay! :freak:

• Members

I'm an OFC member.....your Celeb was made in Korea, but all Ovation bowls are made in the U.S., that is what the "U.S." molded in the bowl means (bowls made here and then shipped there for assembly). The OP24+ dates it to around 1999-2003 or so, I think. There is no way it can be dated by the serial number, Ovation doesn't publish records on the non-U.S.-made models.

Roger

• 12 years later...
  • Members

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can render.  Just purchased an Ovation Celebrity with electronics for cheap!  Curious if there is any way to approx date year of mfg since it’s a Korean build, S/N 3554933?  Bill V.  USN Ret.

Archived