I have to pick out some music for my office...

FWAxeIbanez

• Members
Rush is about as heavy as it can get I think... although Queen might be alright on small occasion. The Darkness however, are the punchline of 80's style metal (no small achievement), and will find no home in a music player of mine.
:freak:

You completely misunderstand The Darkness then.

• Members
Haha, I grabbed a discography and set everything from the 70's and earlier to download... figured I'd be safe:thu:

Oh, and you're so right on the Allman Brothers... I put on "Eat a Peach" and "Hittin the Note" and would grin every time it came on. The song "Desdemona" drives me absolutely nuts, I love it.

If you like Allman Bros, get ya some of that Lynard Skynard stuff too :D

Are you leaning towards Classic Rock? If so, how about
Yes
Who
Jethro Tull
Doors
Stones
Led Zeplin
Steve Miller Band
Creedence
Etc, etc, etc

• Members

Boston - Greatest Hits.

very underrated

"Well I'm takin my time, just movin along" ...perfect song for work lol

the self titled is thier greatest hits... haha. I was told once that every song on it was made into a radio single and placed well on the charts, infact I'm pretty sure I was told every song made it to number 1. I don't remember the source, so I take it with a grain of salt. But it's still an amazing album.

• Members

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That SO {censored}ing wins! HAHAHAHAHA

Whatever, but in reality, The Darkness is NOT the punchline to 80's hair metal. That would be somebody like Poison, or Warrant or somebody.

The Darkness is a brilliant post-modern deconstruction of Glam Rock.

I guess you only win if you can't look past appearances.

• Members

I work in a warehouse, pretty much by myself, so I get to jam whatever I want to. I actually work better with the music turned up loud. Kinda motivates me in a way. Here's what's in the player at work

Mastodon-Blood Mountain

Frank Zappa-Apostrophe/Overnite Sensation(on 1 disc)

Suffocation-Despise The Sun

Soilent Green-Sewn Mouth Secrets

Mix Disc with Slayer, Sepultura, Black Sabbath, Fight, Motorhead, Suicidal Tendencies, Sammy Hagar, Led Zeppelin

I would recommend The Police, Robin Trower, maybe throw in some Who.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Creedence Clearwater Revival, {censored} it's something both my dad and I can agree on for during long drives.

Journey? The Police? you're probably sick of listening to them too eh?

I can never get sick of the Police, it is impossible... I have a soft spot for journey because I heard so much of them growing up, but I probably couldn't listen to Steve Perry for 8 hours for more than about 3 or 4 days

I have been rockin more Allman Brothers, Minus the Bear (believe it or not), and the first Santana album. I tried out a couple of suggestions too, but this is about what we've settled on. I'll be switching up the Santana album pretty soon, and probably the Allman Brothers too.

Archived