New Police DVD Release!!

Shars

• Members

WHOOPEE! You just made my day....can't wait for the release, The Stinger always dominated every aspect of the Police, I have only seen the world of The Police thru his eyes...this should be great Cpoeland is such a big talent.....wonder how Sting feels about the movie?

• Members
Originally posted by deanmass

Cool..I am looking forward to this DVD release!

But, watching the trailer reminds me of how much I cannot stand Stings newer stuff, and how much energy the Police had.

My sentiments too, A lot of was youthful energy, methinks some 'booger sugar' too. Somewhere along the line Sting just got MOR. I remember first hearing Roxanne and just dropping everything I was doing to listen. It was really some fresh {censored}.

• Members

Exactly....I think the first song I heard by them was 'Next to You', which basically had the same impact on me.

The last Sting CD I bought had Desert Rose on it, and after 2 times through it, I was so disgusted I took it back and traded it in. I guess all musicians face the same thing at some point, either move into new territory, or settle into your comfort zone, but the Police material was so much better as a whole. Sting is fantastic as a writer and muscian, but almost all of his solo stuff ( some of which I love, Nothing Like the Sun and Soul Cages being the faves) was far less fresh and energetic as the Police were. And, it was not all do to the frentic pace of some of their tunes, alot of it was slow tension burn type grooves.

Anyway, new dvd=WOOHOO!

• Members

Originally posted by ronnie rawhide

'Everyone Stares' was just on Showtime...

AAAAUUUUUGH!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I read about this DVD in the latest Modern Drummer. Sting was/is quite comfortable with it, as I understand. Of course, that's Stewart talking, and we all know about Stewart. :D

I'm almost afraid to watch it, 'cause I think it'll make me cry, knowing that those days are gone forever.

(and FWIW, I like Sting's stuff, with or without the Police.:thu: )

• Members

Originally posted by ronnie rawhide

... methinks some 'booger sugar' too..

Surprisingly, not as much as you'd think, in those early days. The coke really started to make itself known sometime during the latter part of 'Ghost In The Machine', and certainly during the 'Synchro' sessions and tour. Sting's quote: "I've used cocaine to get myself on stage when nothing else would. I think that's a justifiable use of a drug."

Don't remember where it was, but there was some live video of them in concert sometime in the early Synchro era, I was watching a few years ago, and you could practically see the candy running from his nose, not to mention the really odd distance he had from his immediate surroundings, like his body was being driven by an alien.

• Members

Stewart was actually pretty careful as to what he said(and didn't say)about Sting in the show, I remember concerts and interviews where the two of them were actually screaming at each other.Sometimes that type of tension is beneficial and some times detrimental. I think one beef of Stewart and Andy was that Sting used to bring in half finished songs for their input and then started bringing them in complete and not allowing them to mess with them. That's enough outta me..don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Archived