New (PRS) Guitar in the house!! (with clip!)

Red Ant

• Members
:thu: :thu:

now thts what i am talkin about!

PRS design is fantastic for playing all over the fretboard and it really dont matter where it is made in the end..

cnc machines make em the same way ..whether they are in the USA.. Korea..China..Germany..or even Dubai :p

maybe the finish will be different but by then 90% of the guitar's tone will be 'baked' ...ready to eat :p

lovely stuff

runn3r

• Moderators
:thu:
:thu:

now thts what i am talkin about!

PRS design is fantastic for playing all over the fretboard and it really dont matter where it is made in the end..

cnc machines make em the same way ..whether they are in the USA.. Korea..China..Germany..or even Dubai
:p

maybe the finish will be different but by then 90% of the guitar's tone will be 'baked' ...ready to eat
:p

lovely stuff

runn3r

I agree - if I owned this guitar I might swap the pups out for some Lollar Imperials, but maybe not, the stock ones sound surprisingly good!

• Members

Great! Now I'm gonna have to try one of these guitars and one of these amps :)

Hey, Red Ant, how are the cleans on that Blackheart? And since there's no gain control, I assume you're getting that awesomly creamy distortion by just cranking it?

• Moderators
Great! Now I'm gonna have to try one of these guitars and one of these amps
:)

Hey, Red Ant, how are the cleans on that Blackheart? And since there's no gain control, I assume you're getting that awesomly creamy distortion by just cranking it?

Yeah, I'm cranking it all the way up, but if you keep the volume below 4 or so and don't use screaming hot pickups, the cleans are GREAT!

• Members

Yeah, I'm cranking it all the way up, but if you keep the volume below 4 or so and don't use screaming hot pickups, the cleans are GREAT!

Hm. I'm intrigued. Sorry for all the questions, but how loud does it have to go for that crunch to set in? Would I need an attenuator for home playing (house, not apartment). I don't gig, and I'm generally always on the lookout for these lower wattage amps for that kind of home application.

• Moderators

Hm. I'm intrigued. Sorry for all the questions, but how loud does it have to go for that crunch to set in? Would I need an attenuator for home playing (house, not apartment). I don't gig, and I'm generally always on the lookout for these lower wattage amps for that kind of home application.

For clean, no attenuator necessary. It starts to break up gently around 4, and by 7 its roaring. There's also a pentode/triode switch for a 3W setting. I'd say for house playing, you don't need an attenuator, but for apartment/condo you do.

Archived