RockNote

• Members

I really like the absence of the drum kit. That pounding beat is just so dumb. I am starting to think that the old anti rock n rollers were right on the money. This is the best of both worlds. There are lead breaks here that will blow your mind. "If I played any faster your minds would blow up!" LOL. Well, it's not the speed, it's the deep, deep classical roots - this is Vivaldi's score - fused with his wonderful and very warm rock guitar tone!

• Members

If I could play like any guitarist out there, it would be Uli. When I get a bit better at playing I plan on tackling a bunch of his work - Polar Nights, Sails of Charon, Drifting Sun, Sun In My Hand, etc.

I love all his work with the Scorpions. They weren't the same after he left. His Electric Sun work is hit and miss for me - some great stuff, some weird stuff

• Members

I've long been a fan of Uli. Mostly due to his phrasing. I first was exposed to him in about 1986 by way of Taken By Force, then I got Tokyo Tapes. He always struck me as an overwhelmingly good guitarist who was not over the top in his playing.

• Members

The first record I heard Uli on was Tokyo tapes. I was totally blown away.

I have been a fan ever since.

Dig how does'nt use a locking nut for the whammy bar.

The Sails of Charone is a great song!!

same here. Pivotal moment in my guitar playing history.

the cover of in trance has Uli's strat on it...

B0000076KY.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

look at the size of that whammy bar :eek:

Archived