BIG loss of volume from my Vox AC30CC2 HELP!!!

greenplastic

• Members

I just went to go plug into my Vox AC30CC2 and noticed that it has lost A LOT of volume. Usually I can't turn the thing up past a quarter without it being too loud but today, I had it past half and it wasn't loud at all... I also notice some odd static type sounds/hum when I strummed really hard.

I haven't changed any of the tubes since I bought it over a year and a half go... Could it be the pre-amp tubes or similar?

• Members

Buy an one made in England :poke:
:cop::thu:

Yes, that should fix any AC30 reliability issues :rolleyes:

Frankly, the AC30CCs are MORE reliable. Very nicely designed and constructed internals within the required quirky AC30 idiom (e.g., easier tube access would be really nice, but would disqualify them from AC30 status).

• Members

Rectifier tube is really weak if it is the stock Sovtek. many guys are going to a Weber Copper SS Rectifier. never have to change it again. it is a common problem with the AC30CC2. easy fix

i changed my tubes to a full set of JJ's and my problems went away. the amp is quieter and no reliability issues.

• 12 years later...
  • Members

I am having a similar problem with my AC30CC2. My amp sounds attenuated... low volume with lots of distortion. I replaced my power tubes to no avail. I have the old Wharfdale speakers and I eventually plan to replace them but I don't want to replace them and find it doesn't solve the problem. Could the preamp tubes actually be causing this issue? 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. 

Archived