Hagstrom Guitars: The good, the bad and the ugly

rocknhard

• Members

Bought a Viking three years ago and love it.  Had been looking for a 335 clone for several years and this guitar, IMO, has the biggest bang for the buck.  The finish is flawless and the hardware, switches and pots seem to be well-made and reliable.  The guitar I purchased came with Hagstrom's equivalent of P-90s (they call them P-50s) and they sound fantastic.  Playing through a 1966 Bandmaster (treble and bass flat) I can dial in tones from the guitar that have Strat, Gibson 330 and Telecaster type tones.  This axe is incredibly versatile.  The neck is maple and rock-solid and more C-shaped in design.  It has never gone out of tune.  The guitar is comfortable to play while sitting or standing, and has no "neck dive" to it.  I only wish they had placed a strap button on the upper horn, but it is hollow in that part of the guitar.  Much better build, craftsmanship and versatility than similarly priced Epiphone, Gretsch, Ibanez 330/335 clones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...