Let's talk about the value of a Peavey T-60...

fanuvbrak

• Members

if still available new would anyone (no just fanboys) really pay $1150?

nope. despite making some really great equipment, peavey is still viewed by some as bottom of the barrel. they'd reintroduce it, but it'd never have the kinda success the company wants at that price. same reason nobody wants a $1k Ibanez RG.

• Members

In general I would say they are undervalued. Then again, I don't think they are worth over 400.

The ash ones are heavy.

They all sound good. The SC ones punk'd the strats in their price range, "then".

The neck is, uh, different. I'm pretty sure that's why I didn't buy one "then".

They're pretty hard to hurt.

If I could find an ash one at 2 bills or under that was real nice, I'd buy it.

They are typical Peavey: unsung, highly capable products for working musicians.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

Hey fellow T60 fans. I just picked up a 1983 T60 natural. I can’t seem to find much info on what I have. Ok, first off, I’ve been reading that these guitars have a metal nut but mine is not metal. It looks like plastic though it might be bone. Another thing mine doesn’t have is any indicators for the knobs. From my research, it seems like the older ones had a white dot. On 80 and up I see some pictures with just indents but mine is totally smooth, no indicators at all. Now for the main question, did they make an oak body? I am not really sure how ash looks but I do know how oak looks and this looks like oak. It is not a gloss finish. Were the naturals all a matt finish? This guitar still has the original strings on it . It’s basically like new but I want to know more about what I got or is it just your run of the mill natural T60. Absolutely love this guitar! Sounds awesome through the Peavey special 130. 

• 1 year later...
  • Members

A few years ago I bought a T-60 that was in excellent condition with original hardshell case for $250.  I never could get to liking the weight of the thing..  I  ended up trading it for another guitar and some cash.  Can't believe the asking price for these guitars today.  Just don't think they are worth these prices.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The T-60's that are worth the higher prices are the ones that have no serial #'s. These were known as PAF models and were sold before the company had a patten on the cutting method and the unique electronics. Mine sounds amazing but it's like playing a coffee table!

• Haha 1

• Members

I looked at the Peavey T60 back in the day, at a mom ad pop shop in the area.

Turns out I really needed and amp too.

So I bought a Musicman  amp, like this.

51xmKplmAZL._SY580_.jpg

Fender Strats were kind of Pricey back then, so I found a used on and bough it from a guy in town. I still have the Strat.

QLwQvwx.jpg

• Members

like the T60, but every time I get one, I ask myself "Why did I get a boat anchor?" The ash/maple combo is nice, but a bit too bright for my taste. And I don't like Peavey's pickups. So I get one, play it, let my leg recover from having the circulation cut off of it, then get rid of it.