Ibanez RG320 Install tremolo

• Members

I just bought a RG 320 with Floyd Rose and all stuff. Great guitar, but I just have one question, how do I install the tremolo bar? Should I put it into the arm socket and thats it? Should I apply any pressure or move any screw???

Thanks!!!

• Members

Depends on the type... if it is a push-in, which means there are no threads and just a couple of white "bands" where you push it in, that is all you have to do.

If there are threads or a threaded collar at the end, then obviously, screw it :lol:

• Members

Assuming this is a factory/unmodified guitar...

An RG320 will either have a LoTRS II trem (it should say LoTRS II on the bass or treble side of the trem baseplate) which has a trem bar with a threaded collar on the end, or it will have an Edge II or III trem (2003-present) that will have a smooth bar that you just push in.

Higher end Ibanez guitars, i.e. the RG500 on up will have the Edge/LoPro Edge, which has the bar with the white nylon inserts mentioned by drawdeep above. Prestige RG guitars will also use the push in nylon bushing trem arms, though the trem is the Edge Pro. Newer Prestige RG guitars (except for the RG1570) use a different trem altogether, the Edge Zero, which uses a completely different trem arm.

• Members

Assuming this is a factory/unmodified guitar...

An RG320 will either have a LoTRS II trem (it should say LoTRS II on the bass or treble side of the trem baseplate) which has a trem bar with a threaded collar on the end, or it will have an Edge II or III trem (2003-present) that will have a smooth bar that you just push in.

Higher end Ibanez guitars, i.e. the RG500 on up will have the Edge/LoPro Edge, which has the bar with the white nylon inserts mentioned by drawdeep above. Prestige RG guitars will also use the push in nylon bushing trem arms, though the trem is the Edge Pro. Newer Prestige RG guitars (except for the RG1570) use a different trem altogether, the Edge Zero, which uses a completely different trem arm.

Thanks for clearing that up- I had not seen the Ibanez push-ins without the bushings.