APC (Adder Plus) Pickups - anyone have any information on these??

stormin1155

• Members

I picked up a pawnshop special a few years back that had these black humbuckers on them... looked like EMG knockoffs. My son had the guitar for the past few years and just gave it back recently and I sat down to play it. Damn! Those are hot pickups! So I started checking around. Apparently Adder is a US based boutique pickup shop, but that's about all I could find out about them. I have one of the Persuaders and a Malice. Does anyone know anything about these?

• Members

I recently purchased the Persuader Lead Custom and it's a super duper hot hot hot pickup.

Depending on how much you spent on your pawnshop special, those pickups alone are worth close to $200.

How are the sounds from the Persuader and the Malice? Are they EMG like?

btw, what all info did you want to know?

• Members

I recently purchased the Persuader Lead Custom and it's a super duper hot hot hot pickup.

Depending on how much you spent on your pawnshop special, those pickups alone are worth close to $200.

How are the sounds from the Persuader and the Malice? Are they EMG like?

btw, what all info did you want to know?

I don't remember how much I paid... less than $100 I'm sure. Yes, they are very hot. I'm not a metal player and never played on EMGs so I'm really not into the sound of these. They are pretty articulate and clean, but they drive my tube screamer like no other pickups I have.

I have them listed in the pickup swap thread that's going around if anyone's interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

im about to buy a Syrinx neck and persuader lead. supposedly the cleanest hot pickup..and its a passive. . and the syrinx is supposedly one of the most versatile pickups on the planet.

Yea, I talked to the maker about 3 weeks ago and he suggested a Syrinx for the neck pickup for me. It'd be coupled with a persuader lead custom in the bridge.

I can only imagine how hot the persuader lead is. It's probably just as hot as mine, just EQ'd differently.

one thing though, their wiring instructions suck.

• Members

What guitar were the pickups in?

I have had 3 guitars with APC pickups. I'm not sure what models they are but they are not all that hot, much more of a PAFish kinda of output. I had a Gibson SG and the stock pickups were a little hotter than the APCs. However, when it comes to tone the APCs are about the best humbucking pickups I've used. They also sound great when they are split.

• Members

What guitar were the pickups in?

I have had 3 guitars with APC pickups. I'm not sure what models they are but they are not all that hot, much more of a PAFish kinda of output. I had a Gibson SG and the stock pickups were a little hotter than the APCs. However, when it comes to tone the APCs are about the best humbucking pickups I've used. They also sound great when they are split.

If directed to me, mine's in an Agile 3000M.

You shoulda popped out the pickups and see which one's you had :cry:. I do know that not all of their pups are high output. They are real gems though. I have to say, since I can't find Ultrasonic pups, these will do.

It's awesome to see that you were happy with the sound of your pups while being split. I'm curious about one of their pups that's supposed to produce a nice "acousticy" tone when split (I think the Melvin).

• Members

If directed to me, mine's in an Agile 3000M.

You shoulda popped out the pickups and see which one's you had
:cry:
. I do know that not all of their pups are high output. They are real gems though. I have to say, since I can't find Ultrasonic pups, these will do.

It's awesome to see that you were happy with the sound of your pups while being split. I'm curious about one of their pups that's supposed to produce a nice "acousticy" tone when split (I think the Melvin).

Actually I was asking stormin but thats ok. I have pulled the pickups but they only have numbers, no name of any kind. They are fantastic split, I play in a country band, and while a good Tele is better, theses pickups really can twang in split mode.

• 13 years later...