Sign in to follow this  
entz72

how to tell neck pickup from bridge

ok i decided to refinish my lp100. I took everything apart and did not mark anything( i know i am a dumb ass). well i got everything back to normal and i cant figure out which pick up goes to the neck or the bridge. no markings on either of them and the only difference is one has a red wire and the other has a yellow. which one goes where.....and anyone have a good schematic for a les paul

Uh, I don't think a schematic is going to have a color legend as far as "yellow" or "red".

If you have a meter then you can check to see which one has the greater resistance. Usually the bridge has a bigger value.

Well the bridge will be louder. If you have a multi-meter the bridge will have a higher resistance. Worse case senario is you will have to connect them both in the same postion and see which is the loudest.

Lay both pickups on the floor (pole pieces up) with the wires coming out of the pickup toward you. The adjustable pole pieces of the neck pickup will face the neck and the adjustable pole pieces of the bridge pickup will face the bridge.