Kramer Focus 111S

Frets99

No I didn't buy one, technically. I bought one for my son back in 2000-2001. It's been in a closet most of that time. I picked it up and remembered what an outrageously good deal it was. $69! The fit and finish is comparable to my Schecter Banshee which I think has an amazing fit and finish.

This one was made in Korea. The neck is really amazing. Kind of a slim taper polyurethaned. Smooth as silk. Alder / Nato plywood body that has a nice weight to it. Really feels solid. Hardware is the usual stuff on cheap guitars. The strings haven't been changed since back then. This thing was alomost in tune when I picked it up. I decided to take it and clean it up. Maybe even mod her up. Can't tell yet but the pups sound a bit brittle to me right now. With a little TLC, this could become a really nice player.

• Members

Oh, well everyone knows that the guitars made in Korea are amazing! It's the ones made in China that are junk. Or was that last week? This week I think it's Indonesia that makes junk, and China makes amazing guitars. :)

Just messing with ya!

I had a Hamer Slammer strat copy in that same color - made in the late 90s - very slim neck, and cheap hardware.

Archived