Ibanez Arc100 and Arx100 guitars

blingdogg

• Members

I'm interested in the Ibanez Arc100 and Arx100 guitars for some classic rock, but haven't got the chance to play one. Are they good LP copies? And how do they compare to Epiphone LP standards?

Also, is there much difference between these models and the Ibanez Arx300 and Arc300? Or is it just cosmetic differences?

thanks

• Members

I can't really say anything about the AR*100 models but I've got the ARX300 (not mine) and the ARC300 hanging on my wall right next to each other as I type.

Both are fine guitars and soundwise are pertty much the same.

They hardware and construction are almost identical to the 100 models, only with an added maple top but that shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Compared to each other the ARX is a lot lighter for some reason, but not significantly smaller. Must be some different density mahogany in there. The necks are identical and very comfortable in my opinion. The ARC feels a bit bulkier and a bit more solid but that may be because of the weight.

I changed the pickup selector switch on my ARC because the Ibanez one is kind of crap, it's really easy to flip it over to the other edge when trying to select both pickups. This was fixed by a $5 open toggle switch from ebay :)

The pickups are the same as on Ibanez' hollowbodies: from jazz to rock but not too metal.

The fine tuners on the ARC are sometimes very handy.

Only thing is that I've no idea where you'd find one as they all seem to be discontinued.

Archived