Are Reverend guitars any good?

o.versteer

• Members

Excuse my no doubt towering ignorance, but are Reverend guitars any good? We don't get many of them over here, but from what I've seen they look supercool, like retro designs from a parallel world, if you see what I mean.

I particularly think this totally rocks:

ron_asheton_rorg.jpg

If I wasn't a bedroom warrior these days (a V is a bit useless sitting down) I'd be all over one of them, the shape, colour and pickup choice are just so UTTERLY rock 'n roll!

What say you all? Guitars any good in general? They seem pretty cheap.

• Members

Reverends are wonderful guitars.

The company's been around for a while now, created from the ash-heap of Naylor amplification. They started making their name producing guitars with phenolic-laminate, semi-acoustic bodies and astoundingly good necks. Now they build more traditional solid-wood guitars in Korea with astoundingly good necks.

I have two of the old USA models and they are my favorite guitars. Truly classic tone, ultra-light, with impeccable quality control. I'm not as crazy about some of their more recent visual designs, but with Reverend you just have to wait a few months and something new will pop up. On the other hand, if you like a model you better buy it before they discontinue it! Naylor does not rest on his laurels!

• Members

If I wasn't a bedroom warrior these days (a V is a bit useless sitting down) I'd be all over one of them, the shape, colour and pickup choice are just so UTTERLY rock 'n roll!.

Sitting down with a V is fine if you're sitting on a couch or on the floor. It's only tricky if you're sitting on a stool.

I've played a few Reverends in a local shop and I was impressed. Not that particular model though.

• Members

Reverends were initially all USA made. At the end of 2006 the company switched over to all Korean made, USA assembled guitars. I have an American made one and It's a great guitar.

The Korean guitars are very good instruments as well. All Rev's have a "vibe" that's all their own. American made ones can still be had at a fairly reasonable price on ebay. How much longer that'll continue I don't know. I think the Korean's are still great guitars, I've played that Ashton Signature Volcano you're looking at and it's the nuts. Life's short, don't let the a V shape get in your way.

Here's my USA Vito Slingshot. There were only 26 made of these. 13 blue and 13 black.

DSC02999_1_1.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

I own a Jetstream HB.. the thing is a tonemonster, very versatile. Their necks are like butter too, I absolutely love them.

At the time I ordered mine, I got it with a Wilkinson Tremolo, but I don't think they are putting any tremolos on their current production models unfortunately, I was lucky.

Although the HB is the only Reverend I have, I've heard great things about their P90s, and would like to get a P90 model in the future too.

• Members

IMO Korean made reverends are excellent quality guitars

older USA made Reverends are even better

:cool:

Could not have said better... I am definitely a Reverend Fan!

mini-DSC08336.JPG

mini-DSC08219.JPG

mini-revjr.jpg

For those of you who are not familiar with Rev guitars, visit the www.ReverendGuitars.com website. You can also read my interview with Joe Naylor here:

Link to the Joe Naylor (Reverend Guitars) interview

• Members

I never realized how few of those Vito models were produced...they came out right at the tail end of the USA line and were pretty expensive compared to other models. They certainly have a distinctive look, even among Reverends. Although nothing says distinctive like a Lava Swirl Slingshot!

I gotta disagree with Johnny Z about these guitars, though...they are most certainly something to brag about. I brag all the time about my amazing Reverends. In fact, I just did. ;)

• Members

I never realized how few of those Vito models were produced...they came out right at the tail end of the USA line and were pretty expensive compared to other models. They certainly have a distinctive look, even among Reverends. Although nothing says distinctive like a Lava Swirl Slingshot!

I gotta disagree with Johnny Z about these guitars, though...they are most certainly something to brag about. I brag all the time about my amazing Reverends. In fact, I just did.
;)

Gotta love 'em. :love:

I guess their just not my kind of guitar.

:bor:

• Members

I gotta disagree with Johnny Z about these guitars, though...they are most certainly something to brag about. I brag all the time about my amazing Reverends. In fact, I just did.
;)

I share that love for the Lava Swirl goodness :)

Archived