Strat Pickup Covers - 49.5mm spread

artnaz

• Members

Just got my Kinman set, and I want to replace the covers for a black set. Simply because Kinman charges 9 dollars for black covers, and another 9 dollars for no Kinman-logo, and I can buy covers myself for just a few bucks.

But here's the problem: The neck pickup has a more narrow spread (49.5mm), and I can't find anything alike on the internet! Maybe I should have paid that extra 18 dollars for an other color of plastic (I was so stupid not to think about this spacing), but now it's too late...

picture1cy3.png

Anyone any ideas where I can find it? Thanks a lot in advance! :)

• Members

Never had a pair of Kinmans, but of all the strat pickups I've ever used, probably over 90% of them were the wider spacing. I always just thought there were 2 spacings... the ones that come on most American and Mexican Fenders, and the more narrow spacing that comes on many Asian Squier and other knockoffs.

• Members

Same thing with MightyMites. I bought a cheap tortoise prewired PG w. black pickups and knobs. Tried to swap the black covers with a set of parchment Fenders I had ... nope. Squier Affinity covers ... nope. Covers from a $29 Titan Strat ... nope. Had to sand 'em and paint them. Nothing fit them.

• Members

That painting, is that permanent? For instance: in 20 years, will it be as black as when just painted?

And since I can't find anyting about painting a pickup cover, could you explain me how to do it please (or give a link)? :)

Archived