NGD!! Finally.. ESP LTD Eclipse EC-400VF Tobacco Sunburst

RedJamaX

• Members

This thing is beautiful and sounds incredible!!!:rawk:

It is definitely everything I was expecting. Low action, solid quality contruction, beautiful finish!! Before this I got an Epi LP custom Silverburst and when it arrived I was very disappointed after all the reviews I have read. The action was high to begin with, the pickups sounded really thin, I can alomst swear the neck was set incorrectly because the higher frets weren't just buzzing really bad, but they were canceling the sting vibration. May people told me it just needed a pro setup but I know how to adjust a neck and it just seemed way off.

So I sent it back to MF and starting really looking around and testing LOTS of guitars (like I should have done in the first place). I played lots of different brands and styles and I juts kept going back to ESP. I am also very fond of the PRS SE series, but I really didn't like the stock pickups at all, and I didn't have the budget to get something AND change the pickups. Besides I was really looking for a Les Paul style guitar and I don't like the PRS single cut design. I didn't find this one at any of the music stores in this area but I did find the EC-1000 Amber sunburst and it has the same pickups.

This guitar proves that I was right about the Epi. The action is already where I like it (2mm at the 12th), which happens to be ESP's factory guaging according to their manual. There is a little buzzing as I would expect, but that's all it is, just a little buzzing. The binding and finish work is flawless! All I had to do was tune it and lower the bridge pickup a little. Not to mention I love the fact that it is the full thickness model, same as a Les Paul. I only read one review that mentioned the thickness and wondered if he had actually gotten a deifferent model because all the other EC models I have seen are the thin body.

Enjoy the pics.

I can't figure out how to add pictures to the main body of the thread, so they are all attachments.

• Members

to include pics in your post you must first upload them to the web, like photobucket, or some similar hosting site... then you post the IMG tag that the site will generate for you.

{img}picture address here{/img}

but the { } will be [ ]

Happy New Guitar Day!!!

japanese-bikini-idol.jpg

• Members

:thu:
Very nice! I've been gassin for one of them for a while now. Those are more Les Paul-like then the EC-1000 arent they?

HNGD!!

Yeah, these are much more like the Les Paul than almost any of the other ESP Eclipse series. This one has the same body thickness as a Les Paul and similar construction (mahogany neck and body with flamed maple top). And while everybody who owns a Gibson will tell you "It's NOT a Les Paul!!", technically they are right, and compared against most of the "Gibson" Les Pauls this guitar is simply a nice Les Paul style but not the real thing. But imho, against the Epi series LPs, this guitar blows them away.

That said, I still want to get a LP eventually, just too damn pricey!!

Unfortunately it seems to be very difficult to find a full thickness Eclipse since most of their models are the thin body guitars.

find more pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25164817@N08/2476034684/

• Members

Very nice, had I known they made a full thickness LTD EC I might not have bought my Les Paul... They really are great guitars especially for the money.

HNGD

Yeah, I'm very happy I was able to get this one. The pictures on the net don't show the full thickness, and there's no indication on ESPs website either. After my disappointment with the Epi LP I was ready to just accept the thin bodied Eclipse.:thu:

• Members

I heard that EC400VF weights a ton, how is it yours ?

This {censored}in thing is heavy!!:freak:

I thought my M-255 was unussually heavy, not really exceedingly so, but heavier than you would expect for a strat-like bodied guitar. But I can play my M-255 for hours. This thing gets my shoulders sore after about 30-45 minutes.

But it's sweet as HELL!!!:rawk:

• Members

This thing is beautiful and sounds incredible!!!
:rawk:

It is definitely everything I was expecting. Low action, solid quality contruction, beautiful finish!! Before this I got an Epi LP custom Silverburst and when it arrived I was very disappointed after all the reviews I have read. The action was high to begin with, the pickups sounded really thin, I can alomst swear the neck was set incorrectly because the higher frets weren't just buzzing really bad, but they were canceling the sting vibration. May people told me it just needed a pro setup but I know how to adjust a neck and it just seemed way off.

So I sent it back to MF and starting really looking around and testing LOTS of guitars (like I should have done in the first place). I played lots of different brands and styles and I juts kept going back to ESP. I am also very fond of the PRS SE series, but I really didn't like the stock pickups at all, and I didn't have the budget to get something AND change the pickups. Besides I was really looking for a Les Paul style guitar and I don't like the PRS single cut design. I didn't find this one at any of the music stores in this area but I did find the EC-1000 Amber sunburst and it has the same pickups.

This guitar proves that I was right about the Epi. The action is already where I like it (2mm at the 12th), which happens to be ESP's factory guaging according to their manual. There is a little buzzing as I would expect, but that's all it is, just a little buzzing. The binding and finish work is flawless! All I had to do was tune it and lower the bridge pickup a little. Not to mention I love the fact that it is the full thickness model, same as a Les Paul. I only read one review that mentioned the thickness and wondered if he had actually gotten a deifferent model because all the other EC models I have seen are the thin body.

Enjoy the pics.

I can't figure out how to add pictures to the main body of the thread, so they are all attachments.

Congrats, looks really nice. I was actually looking at a few of these yesterday myself.

Enjoy.

Archived