Fullerton Guitars?

jonnydigital

• Members

hahaha, my buddy bought a fullerton strat copy for $22...... seriously.

The body is seriously made of aluminum, or some other alloy and is hollow inside. The action is impossible, it sounds like {censored}. And basically everything about it is {censored}.

But for $22 bucks, its {censored}in sweet!

• Members

I just bought an open box Fullerton ST4 w/ licensed floyd rose for $94.99 shipped. I figured why not try it? I'll let you know just how BAD it is. I am hoping that it is close in quality for an SX Seg1 STD. If its a {censored}box, it'll get shipped back to Music123 for a refund.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Now you can get a good strat copy or you can get something with a floyd, I've imported 3 fullerton's, by which I don't mean the G&L's. All of them sound and play perfect. One 5 string bass, an ST6 and a strat design. The pickups on the Bass and the Strat Type sound good.

• Members

hahaha, my buddy bought a fullerton strat copy for $22...... seriously.

The body is seriously made of aluminum, or some other alloy and is hollow inside. The action is impossible, it sounds like {censored}. And basically everything about it is {censored}.

But for $22 bucks, its {censored}in sweet!

Is there no such thing as a guitar that is so bad that it's not worth having?

• Members

Is there no such thing as a guitar that is so bad that it's not worth having?

In a word - YES! I once bought a MIM 50's Strat where the neck was impossible to adjust - had to return it to get something else - it was Daphne Blue!:cry:

• Members

I have a $50 P-bass from when music123 was blowing out that stuff. The setup was unplayable, but I was able to make all the adjustments myself & it plays nice now & sounds pretty good to my less than picky bass tone ears.

The body is very light though, which makes it want to neck dive when playing with a strap.

• Members

Has anyone tried a Fullerton guitar? I am curious of their origin and quality. They are obviously cheap copies, but how do they rate? Basically Fullerton vs. SX... thats what kind of comparison I want.

I bought one for $29 during the Fullerton Blowout and picked up a great Fullerton gigbag for $12. It was a very servicable guitar I certainly thought it was more than equal to any Squier strat I have played. The action was OK out of the box, but easily adjustable. It looked attractive and played well. It also sounded fine, although the ceramic pickups were not as warm as I'd prefer. It was a fun beater to have around. Perfectly good beginner instrument that probably could be modded into something neat.

The Fullerton I bought ST-03 or something was made by Aria Pro. In fact it came with an Aria Pro manual. As steal at $29, easily worth 5 or 6 times that. I ended up flipping mine at a 300% markup. I wish I had bought a dozen of them!

I don't know about the SX, but they have a sort of "Cheapie Cult" of followers over on Harmony-Central.

• Members

I have a Fullerton MoVibe, it's a nice guitar, plays well, sounds good, I like it very much, wish I had found out about them when they had the 12 string model of this one available.

As for the other ones, strats, etc., I don't know about those.

here's mine;

IMAG0162.jpg

• Members

I too bought a fullerton in the Music123 blowout, 2 actually, a guitar and a bass the guitar was an electroacoustic, $69, I think:

FullertonVenturaNT010.jpg

FullertonVenturaNT011.jpg

The bass was a neckthru, I don't know what the regular price was, blowout was $169:

FullertonVenturaNT008.jpg

FullertonVenturaNT009.jpg

I am happy with both! :thu:

• 6 years later...

Archived