"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" - What Amp/Effects?

6mmSid

• Members

What amp and effects is David Gilmour using? I'm learning the tune, and would like to get my tone in that general ballpark. I'm just looking for generic answers like "compression" and "delay", as I'm working with a modeller. I'm not going to be buying $1,000 worth of pedals or anything :rolleyes:.

• Members

Ah, I love this song....just learned a few months ago. I do most of my playing on the computer and I use Line6 Toneport UX2. For that song, here are my settings:

Amp - 1964 Blackface (Fender model)

Digital Delay - 286 ms

Spring Reverb - Dwell, Tone, Mix set at 12 0' clock

Compressor - Gain set to 20

Tube Screamer - Gain, Drive and Tone set to 12 0' clock

And of course I use my Strat.....this pretty much nails Gilmours tone on the toneport.

• Members

Ah, I love this song....just learned a few months ago. I do most of my playing on the computer and I use Line6 Toneport UX2. For that song, here are my settings:

Amp - 1964 Blackface (Fender model)

Digital Delay - 286 ms

Spring Reverb - Dwell, Tone, Mix set at 12 0' clock

Compressor - Gain set to 20

Tube Screamer - Gain, Drive and Tone set to 12 0' clock

And of course I use my Strat.....this pretty much nails Gilmours tone on the toneport.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

• Members

For compression, the Dynacomp is probably the best way to go. Gilmour used a phase 90, and I really like the DE-7 for echo.

Fuzz and overdrive... Those are fairly objective things. I like the TS-9 and Big Muff (and use a Rat because it basically strikes a middle ground between the two)

Archived