Ever play a Tradition S20 LP copy?

HELSTRUME

• Members

They are fantastic guitars.

Play great, sound even better. I've seen a few agiles in my local shop, and I think the build quality on the Tradition is better.

It can nail all the classic LP tones with ease. Another bonus with the Traditions is that the stock pickups are excellent and do not need to be replaced. I left mine stock and have never gotten the itch to pull them out, they sound like they should, just hot enough.

They are money well spent.

• Members

I totally agree. I've owned 2. No better LP bang for the buck quality wise out there. The pickups are a tad hot and dark for my tastes personally (I like a more vintage output), but they work fine. Plenty hot with decent tone. No microphonics, good quality, etc. Necks are very nice feeling and consistent. While these guitars are made overseas, they get alot of personal attention when built. Frets get hand leveled, crowed and polished, etc. I should state in all fairness, one of the owners is a friend of mine (and before anyone says it, I get no kickbacks :). The Tradition folks are all good guys, all have been working musicians at some point in their lives, and all have been in the music business for a long time. They are a small company, that cares about the quality of their product, and wants guitars to be affordable. Unlike the big boys, they'll allow a small dealer to order their guitars one at a time to sell. They don't require a large investment. I'd still be playing one if I didn't decide to finally pop for a Gibson. I wish Tradition made a chambered one to ease the weight like Gibson does. I'll likely own another when I get to jonesing for another guitar. I haven't tried one of their chambered PRS copies yet. Look for used ones on ebay also. They show up got 200 bucks or so there from time to time, and they are a ridiculous steal at that price.

• Members

The S20 deluxe I owned most recently had a neck that was slightly thinner than that of my new Les Paul deluxe (fatter 50s style), but not near as thin as the Les Paul Classic I recently played with the slimmer 60s neck. I'm not sure what the radius is, but the fingerboard felt just a hair flatter to my hands than my new Les Paul which has a 12". Frets were on the medium to large side, wider than my stock Gibson frets, but not quite as tall. The fretwork was literally flawless on mine. I did set it up to my tastes when I got it which included, lowering the nut slots, adjusting the truss rod a bit, oiling the fretboard, and dropping the action some, bit I didn't touch the frets at all. I did all of the same to my Gibson as well for whatever that is worth. My Tradition also came with a fully shielded (conductive paint coated) control cavity as well...something I had to do myself on my Gibson. They are very solid instruments. Every bit as good (or better) than Epis in my opinion, and at about 2/3 the cost.

• Members

Glad to help. I personally think they are a near perfect size, nice happy medium between too thick and too thin, but to each his own. It's important for you to get what's gonna work best for you, regardless as to what brand it is. Does your seller offer a return policy so you can try it out ? Just a thought. Good luck in your search !!! :thu:

CRG

• 1 month later...
  • Members

They are fantastic guitars.

Play great, sound even better. I've seen a few agiles in my local shop, and I think the build quality on the Tradition is better.

It can nail all the classic LP tones with ease. Another bonus with the Traditions is that the stock pickups are excellent and do not need to be replaced. I left mine stock and have never gotten the itch to pull them out, they sound like they should, just hot enough.

They are money well spent.

+1

i couldn't be happier with mine. :thu:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived