Marshall Master Lead 5010 1x12 SS combo

jamdogg

• Members

I searched the HC archives for some info on this amp but it didn't turn up a whole lot.

Anyone have any experiences with this one? I saw one on ebay go for $200 and was wondering if anyone knows if thats an accurate price. Thanks.

• Members

I have a 5005 1 x 10 from the same series (mid 80's). It's a 12 watt amp, made in England with a Celestion speaker. Very good quality. It has an attitude and gets really loose and growly like a tube amp when you turn the gain up.

I paid $59 for it in the 80's. lead12.jpg

• Members

$200 sounds high to me. The control layout is about the same as a 70's JMP Master Volume or a single channel JCM 800 but that's where the comparisons end. I wouldnt pay more than $100 for one, but that's just me i guess. They've been slowly creeping up over the years but still, $200 sounds high. I'd look at it as a 1x12 open back cab, if you like the speaker, and add maybe $50 for the amp, if you like it. So, $50-$75 for the speaker, $50-$75 for the cab and $50 for the amp...possibly $200 tops but more like $150 (to me, max,) minus $50 because i'm a cheapo with stuff like that, so, $100-$150 max.:lol:

Archived