Gretsch Corvette wiring diagram

Fork Man

• Members

I just got a killer '61 Gretsch Corvette (model 6132)...there's just one catch; it's in pieces, which isn't really much of a problem at all. However, I am a little unsure how to wire it up. If anyone out there could guide me to a wiring diagram or anything It would be GREATLY appreciated.

ty,

Fork

P.S. Google isn't being much help at all...

• Members

Well here are a couple "before" pics. hopefully it'll be finished tomorrow...just need to wire the pup and cut out/sand the pick guard

Nice!

Does that original pickup still work? Are you staying with the floating bridge?

You can get a floating tune-o-matic type bridge from Stewart McDonald if you're interested.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Archtop_guitar_bridges/Tune-o-matic_Bridge_For_Archtop_Guitar.html

My brother's old Corvette has been through hell and back, bunches of mods, hundred of gigs. No matter what was done to it, whatever pickup, etc., it sounded great. I'd love to hear what one sounded like with the original pickup.

• Members

Damn...that actually looks to be in good shape and all original. That's a 6132 (mahogany), mine was a 6133 (platinum gray) that had been stripped and I refinished in natural.

Yours is gorgeous, congrats!:thu:

Take a good close look at the body and neck...the neck will be two laminated pieces of true vintage Honduran mahogany (very stable that way) and the body a single piece...the fret board is vintage Brazillian rose wood.

Betchya, like mine, it barely weighs anything.

Tone to die for...it will feel totally alive in your hands when you play. You just can't buy new guitars with that nice of wood and haven't been able to for 35+ years. I love Corvettes!:)

gretschbefore0071wv3.jpg

• Members

Oh....and if you need a template for the pickguard, I have a Adobe Illustrator file I created that I could also send as a PDF file. I used terrapinguitars.com to make my pickguard...he still has the templates and you could probably get one from him fairly cheap.

Archived