Good cheap guitar speakers?

Thinkarogadum

• Members

is the place to go. They're as good if not better than the celestions they are based on ... you can hear the soundclips on the site... and they're cheap. I've heard nothing but good stuff from the amp forum and I have a set of veretan 30's sitting in my living room.

I'll definitely check those out. Anyone else have suggestions?

• Members

Go used. Craigslist and Spam threads.

Yep. +1 Somewhere in your town, some cork-sniffer pulled an Emenence or Greenback something out of their combo, and will let you have it for twenty bucks because they have no other use for it.

• Members

Eminence Patriot Texas Heat.

They'll do anything.

I have a Texas Heat in my Blues Jr. and it's fantastic. Check Eminence, they have quite a few speakers in the same price range and their website does a pretty good job describing the differences. They have clips, too, but I can't really hear a lot of difference from the clips.

• Members

"Good" really depends on what you're looking for, but Eminence really tends to give you a lot of bang for the buck. Check Ebay, but I would research the style of speaker as well - In other words, are you looking for a Celestion type, Jensen type, etc. Eminence makes a lot of speakers that are based upon those styles, some better, some worse, but all are pretty good for the $$$.

• Members

Jenson makes some Mod speakers for around $50 each that have good reviews. Theres also some Budget Celestrons out now for around the same price as well. I agree with Xstoner though, Check out the used option but also figure the shipping cost and see if used is a good deal.

• Members

I would buy them used. There are a lot of players who buy speakers that they think they will like and then decide they don't like them. They sell them on Ebay for 1/2 - 2/3 the original retail price. Here is where you profit. They take the depreciation hit, you get good speakers cheap. I have done this many times.

• Members

Weber Signature Series

www.tedweber.com

+1

I've put Weber Signature Series speakers (both Alnico and ceramic) into several amps and I've always been happy with the results. The wattage ratings are low though, so if you need them to handle more power you will want to look at their other lines or at other brands.

And as others have said, try to find used speakers as well. I've purchased several speakers from the amp classifieds over at The Gear Page, sometimes for significantly less than they would go for new. I even bought a $90 Weber speaker for $35 shipped. :D

• Members

+1

I've put Weber Signature Series speakers (both Alnico and ceramic) into several amps and I've always been happy with the results. The wattage ratings are low though, so if you need them to handle more power you will want to look at their other lines or at other brands.

And as others have said, try to find used speakers as well. I've purchased several speakers from the amp classifieds over at The Gear Page, sometimes for significantly less than they would go for new. I even bought a $90 Weber speaker for $35 shipped.
:D

I'm not going to push a lot of watts through it. I plan on buying a Blackheart Little Giant head to run it with as a nice small bedroom rig.

• Members

+1

And as others have said, try to find used speakers as well. I've purchased several speakers from the amp classifieds over at The Gear Page, sometimes for significantly less than they would go for new. I even bought a $90 Weber speaker for $35 shipped.
:D

+1 Webers are great - but I don't know about cheap...

Archived