Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20th Anniversary Thread

Mazi Bee

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ordered mine on the 4th from M123. Got a confirmation # but no shipping notification. You guys had me worried! So I called and was told that it shipped out today. Now it's in UPS's hands... always dicey. After they lost a SECOND laptop I'd ordered, the sender (guy at IBM) said UPS stands for "U Probably Stole it". Insert "Smashed" as necessary...

• Members

Most EL84 amps are chathode biased and as long as you use a solid pair of matched tubes, you don't need to worry about it.

eh but that's the thing, I watched the videos from Eurotubes and I'd like the ability to run them hotter or cooler to alter the sound. He biased a Marshall JCM800 which is EL84s... Question still remains, does this have a bias trim pot or not?

• Members

Got my UPS tracking info today.
:thu:
Keeping fingers crossed that it won't get destroyed. Should have it easily by the weekend if it ships from M123's warehouse in Indiana.

Mine shipped, too, but from Lenexa...looks like Wednesday or Thursday :cool:

• Members

hmm added mine to the cart on the morning of the 4th then went and did the family thing all weekend (i leave my computer on 24/7).. didnt actually click checkout until sunday night so far so good though hasnt been cancelled yet... fingers crossed

• Members
haven't actually had a chance to look at the back of one yet.. but it doesn't seem that it would be impossible with a little reworking and enclosure fab.. maybe extending some wires here and there...

Except that your head would be either really high or really deep.

• Members

actually i take that back... it says i shipped and has a tracking number but the package is only .20 lbs called them up and it is in fact cancelled but they were so kind to bill me for it anyways... kickass...

Oh oh. Mine hasn't shipped, but I got billed. I'm probably SOL too.

• Members

Ordered mine on the 5th and low and behold it was cancelled! So much for the 20% promo code. When I placed the order I added a few filler items that I wouldn't buy on their own but with the free shipping I thought why not. Great to see they still ship those items and charge me shipping now that the order total dips below $100!!!

I placed a second order on the 6th to take advantage of the 20% off promo code and ordered a Lava cable kit and a bunch of Dunlops picks. Well I ordered over $100 stuff then applied my 20% promo code dropped it to $90.00. I hit refresh and the shipping still showed $0.00. I submit the order and a few hours later I get email confirmation and then shows shipping $5.82!!! I call and complain to add a few items that day and the guy wanted me to cancel my order and start a new one instead of adding a few items to take the total over $99 to get free shipping. What a headache...

I did call up last night to complain about my amp shipping and when were they planning on notifying me of this cancellation. And I thanked them for shipping the remained of that order that didn't get cancelled a 6 pack of Dunlop XL Jazz III picks and that Musician's Gear Amp Stand, and decided to charge me shipping on those items. I told them about the poster I read about here that was offered $25 for the cancelled order and that he was offered a Blues Junior for the same price and they offered me $10... I laughed and said the other guy was offered $25 credit PLUS a discount on another amp. He goes away for 5 minutes and comes back and says he could do $15 but that his manager was getting pissed.

To the guy that got $25 credit and the Blues Jr amp for $339 or $319, you mentioned you spent the $25 on the brown cover. Did you have to place an additional order or was that added with your amp? Seems they like this credit as it is always applied to your NEXT order insuring that you continue to buy from them despite their ineptness and BS way they will cancel part of your order, charge shipping when you had free shipping before and item that was in stock and verified by customer service over the phone, mysteriously goes out of stock and is discontinued (Like the H&K amp). M123 is becoming a bigger problem than MF was even though they are technically the same company now.

• Members

Mine will be here wednesday according to UPS tracking (fingers crossed).

Oh...and I actually ordered on the 3rd around 11PM or so. Promo code worked fine at that time, even though it wasn't supposed to kick in till the 4th, IIRC.

• Members

Excellent amp. I have had one for about a year. Unfortunately, I paid quite a bit more for mine than you guys did :mad:

Outstanding cleans. I would liken them to Fender cleans. I can't see anyone not loking this amp at that price.

• Members

To the guy that got $25 credit and the Blues Jr amp for $339 or $319, you mentioned you spent the $25 on the brown cover. Did you have to place an additional order or was that added with your amp? Seems they like this credit as it is always applied to your NEXT order insuring that you continue to buy from them despite their ineptness and BS way they will cancel part of your order, charge shipping when you had free shipping before and item that was in stock and verified by customer service over the phone, mysteriously goes out of stock and is discontinued (Like the H&K amp). M123 is becoming a bigger problem than MF was even though they are technically the same company now.

I am sorry to hear your situation turned out worse than mine! Mine was applied to the same order. As a matter of fact she was going to apply it to the amp to bring it down even further. But I wanted the amp cover as well. Even I am hoping this goes through because even though I got the order confirmation I still haven't got a tracking number. It seems tracking numbers are worth more than gold when you order from Music123!

Just as I write this I got a ship confirmation from Music123 but it only had the amp cover and strings listed on there. I just called to find out what was going on. He said that the order went in 2 shipments...the amp via UPS and the cover & strings via USPS...However I only had the tracking number for the USPS order. The guy said that their email system is messed up. I said I know and told him bout the H&K amp and that after I called and found out my order was canceled yada yada yada...and last night about 10pm I finally got my cancellation notice! I also told him about how angry people were and that many didn't get the same discount I got...I guess in this case I was lucky!

Now I just hope the amp works fine and it's not a blem! I'll really go off on them if there is a problem this time!

Archived