epi or dean?

dill-james

• Members

i have two good begginers guitars. a dean EVO XM and an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2. i dont know how many of you have played both but what do you think? i honestly think the evo has this one. they are primarly the same guitar only the epiphone seems to be higher end. it has a darker tone than the dean and better sustain. but the dean is so light and has such a well rounded sound plus it stays in tune longer. the epi has a frggin busted nut! the dean has also taken time and abuse better than the epi. but what do you all think?

• Members

i have two good begginers guitars. a dean EVO XM and an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2. i dont know how many of you have played both but what do you think? i honestly think the evo has this one. they are primarly the same guitar only the epiphone seems to be higher end. it has a darker tone than the dean and better sustain. but the dean is so light and has such a well rounded sound plus it stays in tune longer. the epi has a frggin busted nut! the dean has also taken time and abuse better than the epi. but what do you all think?

I have tried the Dean EVO & Vendetta the same day. I just wanted something cheap to mod. For the reasons you mentioned, I left with the Epi Special II. It was almost twice, what I could've gotten the Deans for. All around, I didn't care for the Deans at all.

• Members

I had an EPI LPS2, it was decent. Very solid guitar well built and a great neck. I hated the stock pups, pure mud.

Never had a Dean EVO but I had a low end Dean bass. From a quality stand point it was as good or better than Epi.

Play the Dean and mod the Epi:D

Archived