Edwards Serial number PLEASE HELP.

DAFSTRAT

• Members

Ok, so I just sold my Edwards LP on Ebay. Now the douche that purchased it has recalled his paypal payment as he is saying it is not a 98lts but a 92sd. I am pissed off to say the least

I am taking the matter further out of principle and was hoping that I could identify the actual model through the serial number.

The serial number is ED0709123

Anyone have a link or information that might help me. I really want to stuff the noob up.

Thanks guys.

• Members

there is no info about serial number around, and japanese usually do not identify the models thru' serial number...the only difference is that one is laquer finish obviusly , and the 92sd only have pickup covers on the Chery Burst one.It will be a hard one......

• Members

i've found out it is the same as ESP serial numbers so you really can't identify the model thru' it

Two Digit Year

Week of the Year

Day of the Week

Number off the line that day

Yours is 2007 made, at the 9th week, first day of the week, and was the 23th guitar finished that day.

• Members

i've found out it is the same as ESP serial numbers so you really can't identify the model thru' it

Two Digit Year

Week of the Year

Day of the Week

Yours is 2007 made, at the 9th week, first day of the week, and was the 23th guitar finished that day.

Thanks mate. yeh that really sucks. I actually removed the pickup covers as I prefer them without. This is the reason why he thinks its the 92sd and not the 98lts.

Dumb ass .

• Members

The serial numbers on Edwards are meaningless to everyone, including some of the ESP/Edwards employees. This is actual inside info.

Does the guitar have gold or white/silver "Edwards" lettering on the headstock?

85/92 models have white/silver lettering.

90/98 have gold.

Plain and simple.

• Members

Two Digit Year

Week of the Year

Day of the Week

Some Edwards don't follow this tidy little explanation. But it is a likely conclusion.

• Members

The serial numbers on Edwards are meaningless to everyone, including some of the ESP/Edwards employees. This is actual inside info.

90/98 have gold.

Plain and simple.

Beautiful thanks. Yep it has gold lettering. You are the best:thu:

• 8 years later...
  • Members

Hi since this thread is about Edwards I'm wanting to buy an Edwards JP model it has gold script and the finish is a little rough around the back and back of head stock ; as they are reliced. I'm worried that the serial number ED1448375 doesn't exactly Match the above formula I'm importing it from the Philippines through reverb.com and according to the pictures it looks right any info on this will be appreciated. The number is stamped not painted I don't know much about these thanks below is pix

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 8/5/2008 at 7:30 AM, got_tone said:

90/98 have gold.

Plain and simple.

although this thread is quite old, the edwards questions are always open and it's frustratiing.

i own two of them. one i bought a couple of years ago has the s/n and the name print on the cover. the one i bought around 2009 was apparently a first production and doesn't have s/n nor print. specs are all right but besides the difference from first and second run, i noticed that the neck is different at the heel. on recent one (silver print) the thickness is consistent from heel to nut. first one (no print/sn) has neck is getting thicker from 12th fret in a dynamic slope, which is the mx220/250 spec as well. i like it better. 

• Members

Hi I have an edwards les paul limit modal that has the "by navigator" on the truss rod cover. I looked everywhere to identify the modal, the year and month also to check if its the real deal. Can someone please help me identify it and I bought this second hand in glasgow. The only clue I found was a stamp that says 2001, 6 under the seymour duncan jazz neck pick up, scribbly number that I barely can figure out and a piece of masking tape with numbers and circled tick. I also found a reverb page that was selling the same modal that have saying its late 80s and early 90s or 1990 specifically but thats my only info that I have on it. I would appreciate the help thank you.

https://reverb.com/ca/item/1502711-esp-edwards-by-navigator-limited-model-les-paul-style-made-in-japan-late-80s-early-90s-model

• 1 month later...

Archived