Great Stratocaster Quotes

Schtang

• Members

"When People go on about the Stratocaster they usually mean their own Strat. It's a little like everybody knows where the best Indian Restaurant is, and it's always the one to go to". CHRIS REA

"If you took all the country and western music there is in the world, & took Rock'n'Roll, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and SRV and then took away the Stratocaster, you wouldn't have much left". STEVE MILLER

"The Strat is like picking up a Stradivarius and saying, ok, now I'm in the big league. This is the big boy's tool, you know. This is no Toy. This is the hardware department". KEITH RICHARD

"How do I explain the appeal of the Stratocaster? It's sort of like how you pick a person that you wanna hang out with - it just fits". BONNIE RAITT

"My first wife said, 'It's either that guitar (Strat) or me', you know - & I give you three guesses which one went". JEFF BECK

"It's like going home". Eric Clapton

I've moved around with many guitars and tried many different things, and I've always come back to the Stratocaster". Eric Clapton

"The Stratocaster's definitely a modern work of art.....Just look at one- it's better than a painting to me". Jeff Lynne

"The strat is rock solid. You can get real physical and manhandle it, but it's still there for you". Nils Lofgren

"I have probably played on at least 30 big records with the Stratocaster. Then I switch, & for about three Years I didn't get a gold record". Nile Rodgers (Chic).

"The Strat just has it's own thing. When you put it on, it's like putting on a pair of shoes". Jimmy Vaughan

"The Strat is just a plain ol' guy really, just plug in and that's it". Robert Cray

"It's difficult to say now what it was like seeing that Stratocaster in the flesh for the first time. It's pretty old hat now because everybody's seen so many, but at the time it was like seeing an instrument from another planet". HANK MAVIN

Archived