Sweet-sounding clean mellow Strat songs...

AlexMC

• Members

I just love the sound on a Strat played clean and slow with feeling...

My favourite three examples:

- Jimi: Little Wing

- SRV: Lenny

- Pearl Jam: Yellow Ledbetter

Can anyone please recommend songs with a similar vibe going on? (and, preferably, simple to play...)

• Members

I just love the sound on a Strat played clean and slow with feeling...

My favourite three examples:

- Jimi: Little Wing

- SRV: Lenny

- Pearl Jam: Yellow Ledbetter

Can anyone please recommend songs with a similar vibe going on? (and, preferably, simple to play...)

good ones there. i will have to rack my brain.

• Members

I really like that style of playing you're talking about. Clean strats, blackface amps, a bit of verb. Beautiful. SRV's got a few more in that vein...Life Without You, Riviera Paradise, Stang's Swing.

Knopfler's got some good stuff going on on the first couple Dire Straits albums. Obviously Sultan's of Swing, but there's other great tracks like Down to the Waterline, In the Gallery, and Lions to name a few that have great clean strat playing.

John Mayer has a great clean Strat tone. Check out the Try! live album, it's really good blues rock.

• Members

I really like that style of playing you're talking about. Clean strats, blackface amps, a bit of verb. Beautiful. SRV's got a few more in that vein...Life Without You, Riviera Paradise, Stang's Swing.

You can also throw in Lenny, Tin Pan Alley and Chiltins Con Carne. Another favorite of mine is Rain by Eric Johnson.

D

• Members

robert plant, "big log", "in the mood", maybe a couple other's i'm forgetting the titles to. all on his "principle of moments" cd.

a billy joel song, but i don't know if it was a strat. i think it's "these are the times"

maybe some robert cray, but i can't throw a song title at you right off.

• Members

robert plant, "big log", "in the mood", maybe a couple other's i'm forgetting the titles to. all on his "principle of moments" cd.

a billy joel song, but i don't know if it was a strat. i think it's "these are the times"

maybe some robert cray, but i can't throw a song title at you right off.

"Right Next Door (Because of Me)" by Cray has some delicious clean Strat tones.

Archived