Best device for backing tracks?

J.B. Lee

• Members

I'm looking for a device that has preset backing tracks (drums & bass, at a minimum) that I can play along to, preferably with the ability to change keys at will. I have a GDEC Jr. that does this, but tracks are limited and the amp is mediocre. The Pandora PX5D appearantly fits the bill but has a lot of modeling and effects which I don't need (I love the tone of my Vox Pathfinder). Is there a unit that just gives you a load of backing tracks that you can change keys and tempos on? Without paying for digital modeling and effects that sound like poo?

And if the Pandora is my only option can someone tell me if complete tracks come preloaded? Some of the reviews make it sound like I have to string together a lot of bits and pieces to make a track, then save it. I'm really just looking for some simple 12 bar blues and classic rock type stuff to jam along to with a minimum of fiddling around.

• Members

A cheap MP3 player, then download the tons of free backing tracks to be found everywhere including our excellent sticky jams or Red Ant's backing track collection (in Guitar Jam). Put those on your MP3 player and plug it into the many cheap little modelers or practice amps that have an aux input (most have one nowadays). Play along and have fun! Voil

• 12 years later...

Archived