My oak top tele is finally complete!

thredlok

• Members

It's a top loader for now, I had some spare time last week end and got to finish the wet sanding and get everything put together. Right now it's at my buddies shop getting a new nut put on it (he's a lot better at than I am). The oak top is only 1/4" thick so it doesn't impart that much brightness to the tone. The clips I posted are all clean so you can hear the unadulterated tone of the guitar.

It has a wilkinson three barrel bridge with brass saddles and wilky locking tuners which work surprisingly well. I most of the parts at guitar fetish including the strap locks. The sapele is really nice to work with, the oak, well it's a pain in arse and dulls bits like crazy but I had a bunch left over from a large piece that I bought and I thought I would put it to use.

Here's one of it after sanding:

oaktoptele-1-1.jpg

Here are the bigger pics (sorry these are the only ones I have so far) will take more after I get it back.

OAKTLEL005.jpg

OAKTLEL010.jpg

• Members

need bigger pics! but its not a body thru stringing?

I can't see the bridge enough to see what kind it is.

But it looks AMAZING... and isn't Oak a lot like Mahogany? .... that would be interesting having a Tele souding a bit like a Les Paul

Oak is much harder and denser than mahogany check out the clips, I don't think it sounds anthying like an lp;)

Sapele is like mahogany though:thu:

Archived