Is this CAPO really worth the money?

steve_man

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a capo similar to the Fender one that I use on occasion on my 4 string bass. It works well, though I don't use a capo all that often.

Variaxes don't need physical capos, they can change pitch on individual strings as needed and can switch in the middle of a song too. I usually have 1 song per show that my pitch-shifted variax 700 trem handles with ease.

• Members

I have a capo similar to the Fender one that I use on occasion on my 4 string bass. It works well, though I don't use a capo all that often.

Variaxes don't need physical capos, they can change pitch on individual strings as needed and can switch in the middle of a song too. I usually have 1 song per show that my pitch-shifted variax 700 trem handles with ease.

Not true for 12 string mode. The Variaxes cannot be shifted for the 12 string emulations. For those, you need a physical Capo.

That said, the 12 string emulations aren't very good anyway. (I have both a Variax 300 electric and a 700 "acoustic" and the 12 strings in both are iffy).

• Members

They are great capos - especially if you end up using a capo on an electric guitar (which tend to drop out of tune easily when capo'd due to lower string tension).

I use Kyser's on my acoustics and because they are worn in I don't have tuning issues with them, but the G7's are the best new capo design in years. If I need a new capo I'm buying one of those...

• Members

Okay -- I bought one. Just one, because in the shop it was TWENTY-FARKIN-FIVE OF OUR ENGLISH POUNDS. I'll get the second one online as soon as I can research a better price. Also bought a coupla sets of the new Ernie Ball coated Slink acoustic strings -- one for my reso, one for my wood-bodied regular acoustic. If I like 'em, they'll become my standard string as soon as I've used up my stock of Martin 80/20 Phosphor Bronze ...

• Members

Okay -- I bought one. Just one, because in the shop it was TWENTY-FARKIN-FIVE OF OUR ENGLISH POUNDS. I'll get the second one online as soon as I can research a better price. Also bought a coupla sets of the new Ernie Ball coated Slink acoustic strings -- one for my reso, one for my wood-bodied regular acoustic. If I like 'em, they'll become my standard string as soon as I've used up my stock of Martin 80/20 Phosphor Bronze ...

I've just bought one of theses excellent capo's from here,

• Members

Just gave it a thorough testing -- works great. I jut got sick of showing up at jams, borrowing an acoustic, slapping the Shubb onto it, getting clunks and pings and having to borrow another capo ...

This is the slickest and most efficient capo I've ever used -- and it doesnt look like a coat-hook.

Endorsed.

Archived