GFS Bigmouth vs Loudmouth?

Citizen Cain

• Members

I've got a VM LP Studio that I converted to a wrap bridge guitar. Sounds great generally, but the high strings on the bridge pickup sound kind of thin and plinky. I've played with pickup heights and polepieces until the cows came home, just can't adjust it out. Currently has a set of DiMarzio Air Classics.

I've used GFS pickups before and like them. In fact, this guitar had a set of Dream 90s in it for a while. Neck was great but the bridge was really thin on that setup. I think the wrap bridge makes that pickup position sound brighter than usual.

I was checking out the Bigmouth and Loudmouth pickups at GFS. Think they'd fatten up the bridge spot? Maybe a Bigmouth neck and Loudmouth bridge?

Here's the gat in question...

012-done-front3.jpg

• Members

I'd think that the wrap around put the string breaks just about where they were with the TOM. Otherwise the intonation would be off right? If the wraparound was between where the tail piece used to be and where the TOM used to be wouldn't that change the scale length? Maybe I'm a doofus.

I think that the GFS pups in question are ceramic and pretty bright at least that's what I get from the description. There were some sound clips up not long ago of one. I also hear they split well which could offer cool bright stratty tones with the wrap around.

Archived