The Laguna LE924

NoScreenName

• Members

Well I was recently introduced to this guitar by a fellow guitarest here on the forums and it has really caught my eye. Has anyone else here played it and what are your thoughts on the guitar. I'll be using it mainly for metal, does it suit it? How are the stock pickups? Peace.

• Members

I have one of the original Brawleys...great guitar.

I never heard of the LE924...I didn't know that they offered something beyond the LE524. $1000?!?! wtf?

I'd be content with the LE422 myself. :idk: I see there is a $50 rebate on ALL the models if you buy a Line6 amp too (fwiw).

• Members

I have one of the original Brawleys...great guitar.

I never heard of the LE924...I didn't know that they offered something beyond the LE524. $1000?!?! wtf?

I'd be content with the LE422 myself.
:idk:
I see there is a $50 rebate on ALL the models if you buy a Line6 amp too (fwiw).

LoL :lol:

• Members

The differences between the LE924 and the LE422 are that the 924 has jumbo frets, 24 frets, double locking tremolo, hotter pickups, 5 way switch that offers the extra tones, nicer maple top, contour heel on the neck and rosewood fretboard versus maple. Brawley pics please!
:D

At first glance, the 524 looks like an HH version of the 924 without the DiMarzios; 24 frets, double locking trem, contoured heel, rosewood fb. :idk:

Anyway, my brawley is the lowest of the original line. I think I may have snagged the last NOS offered on eBay: $86 w/ a broken tuning machine. :lol:

Here it is with sperzels:

DSC_1248.jpg

DSC_1251.jpg

I have plans to refinish it this year in a striking color. :o

• Members

Do this without the top
:DJacksonP1.jpg

Hmm I have a Lukather EMG set and Wilkinson trem set to go in mine. I am hoping to do snakeskin green. :eek:

Anyway back on topic- So with the 924 (versus the 524) you get thicker/better maple and Dimarzios for an extra $500+/-? Doesn't seem right. :idk:

• Members

Hmm I have a Lukather EMG set and Wilkinson trem set to go in mine. I am hoping to do snakeskin green.
:eek:

Anyway back on topic- So with the 924 (versus the 524) you get thicker/better maple and Dimarzios for an extra $500+/-? Doesn't seem right.
:idk:

You get better maple, better neck, better pickups, better hardware, thinner body, jumbo frets, 24 frets, 5 way selector... Not to mention the higher quality finish, nut, and lower cut nut. :cop:

• Members

isn't the LE924 greg howe's signature model?

MF Website doesn't mention it. :idk:

I looked at the 924 again...sorry I didn't catch it's a flat radiused maple fb. The body isn't a carve top, the headstock isn't overlayed in black, and the bottle opener notch on the headstock has been removed.

Cool enough guitar...but don't get why you can buy two 524's for the price of a 924. *shrug*

• Members

Cool enough guitar...but don't get why you can buy two 524's for the price of a 924. *shrug*

Why buy Gibson when you can buy Epiphone, or Fender when you can buy Squier? Same sorta concept applies here... :cop:. Greg Howe is sponsored by Laguna and Parkwood. I went a couple weeks ago, looking at some pedals and ended up guitar browsing. Played the 524 and the 924. 924 is almost like the Gibson - Epiphone thing - same hardware + wood + finish, only much higher quality.

Edit: Its a smaller company, and they haven't built up yet, hence the GC only dealio.

• Members

Except they are all Lagunas:cop:. It's funny that the models go 322 > 424 > 524 > > > > 924

Maybe the model numbers relate to retailer costs!
:lol:

They'd be losing the money on the 524 :cop:. In all seriousness though, I was so close to buying one, but decided to make a Hendrix Woodstock Strat. Just need to get around to getting the body, and choosing the finish to give it that aged olympic white look :idk:

Archived