I'm an extremely ANGRY heterosexual!

• Members

Okay, for the most part, every taxpayer is getting $600 of his tax dollars back to help stimulate someone's electi... er, the economy, right? Well, I guess I make too much, I'm only getting a portion of the $600 back. My coworker, who's my same pay grade, doesn't get penalized as the pro-rate limit for married taxpayers is way up at around $150,000. Not only does he get the full $600, so does his wife. And he gets an additional amount for each of his four kids.

What makes this really infuriating is he pays in very little tax, especially state tax, while my state tax bill is 45% of my federal return. So, he pays almost no tax and gets back over $2,000, while I'm paying in an ungodly amount and getting back a couple hundred.

Does anyone else want my money? I'll just write you a check, what the hell.

IT

JUST

AIN'T

RIGHT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Okay, for the most part, every taxpayer is getting $600 of his tax dollars back to help stimulate someone's electi... er, the economy, right? Well, I guess I make too much, I'm only getting a portion of the $600 back. My coworker, who's my same pay grade, doesn't get penalized as the pro-rate limit for
married
taxpayers is way up at around $150,000. Not only does he get the full $600, so does his wife. And he gets an additional amount for each of his four kids.

What makes this really infuriating is he pays in very little tax, especially state tax, while my state tax bill is 45% of my federal return. So, he pays almost no tax and gets back over $2,000, while I'm paying in an ungodly amount and getting back a couple hundred.

IT

JUST

AIN'T

RIGHT!!!
:mad:

The only way to top that would be to add that you're a divorced dad. As a non-custodial father you can't claim your children or the massive amounts of unaccounted for income (child support or crack cocaine fund depending on how the ex chooses to spend it) that is removed from your paycheck.

• Members

How many have seen your bribe check yet? When is it due?

Goes according to your Soc#. Last two digits, I believe. I think I'm due at the end of June.

I don't know what they are hoping these checks are going to solve, but I'll be spending mine on my house. Unfortunately we owed on our taxes this year, so it's a little bittersweet.

• Members

This will tell you when you will get your check:

Direct deposit payment

If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:

00-20 May 2

21-75 May 9

76-99 May 16

Paper check

If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:

00-09 May 16

10-18 May 23

19-25 May 30

26-38 June 6

39-51 June 13

52-63 June 20

64-75 June 27

76-87 July 4

88-99 July 11

• Members

Best ways to use your payoff loan:

Pay off the credit card you used to pay your income tax. Or any credit card or other debt.

Pay your estimated taxes.

Save it.

Worst use:

Buying consumer products. This will give the economy an extremely short term boost and make this stupid idea look good for a few minutes, encouraging more feel-good pseudo-solutions.

• Moderators

Okay, for the most part, every taxpayer is getting $600 of his tax dollars back to help stimulate someone's electi... er, the economy, right? Well, I guess I make too much, I'm only getting a portion of the $600 back. My coworker, who's my same pay grade, doesn't get penalized as the pro-rate limit for
married
taxpayers is way up at around $150,000. Not only does he get the full $600, so does his wife. And he gets an additional amount for each of his four kids.

IT

JUST

AIN'T

RIGHT!!!

You're right, this is not only a terrible idea (we're borrowing the money for these checks from China, hoping everyone will take them to WalMart and buy Chinese made items), but it's also in no way "fair," whatever fair is.

It's simply politics as usual. :idk:

Terry D.

• Members

Unfortunately I make too much as a single person to get the $600. However, everyone I know who is getting it is putting toward nothing constructive - stereo equipment, wheels for their car, clothes, furniture....

At least my $600 would have make it into a mutual fund...

• Moderators

Mine goes right back and then some, as I'm a 1099. I don't make much. Don't tell me about unfair, I'm forced into paying into a SS ponzi scheme that won't be around when I need it.

Social Security won't go away. You'll get a check, it's just that the dollars it's paid in won't be worth anything. Same as all the rest of us retired people. :mad:

Terry D.

Archived