Epiphone Les Paul Standard vs. LP Classic??

ILikeGuitars

• Members

I am guitar shopping for an Epi LP. Apparently they discontinued or at least quit making the LP Classic. I love the look of the classic (Quilt top).

Does anyone know if the new Standards are any better than the Classics that they made before? I heard the newer Epiphones are made a little better. Anyone know why they stopped making the Classic?

Thanks!!

• Members

check out eliteguitarscanada.com these guitars will blow away your gibson check them out the big boys are dropping gibsons for these because they sound so much better with that les paul look is still there but the head stock is so much cooler than a gibson

• Members

I was told they're getting ready for NAMM and every fall they discontinue so they can roll out the new models at NAMM.

The Gibson 1960 Les Paul Classic doesn't have a AA Flame Maple top... just regular maple.

The figured top come in Les Paul Standards, Traditionals, Custom Shop R-8's ect.

I have A 1960 Gibson Les Paul Classic Goldtop, It's one of the nicest guitars I've ever owned.:thu:

I would look for the "LP Classic" after NAMM.

The Epi doesn't even compare to a Gibson, IMHO.

• Members

Yeah the Epi LP Classics were sweet. I played a Yellow burst one before and she was a Beauty.

The new Epis are probably just as good as the previous years and maybe a bit better in terms of consistency in fit and finish.

The Newer Epi Standard Plus Tobacco burst I tried was also a Stellar looking and feeling guitar.

Personally for the coin and if your set on an EPI Id go with a LP Custom in sunburst,tobacco burst,silverburst,wine red,etc...

• Members

The Gibson 1960 Les Paul Classic doesn't have a AA Flame Maple top... just regular maple.

fyi: They used to be available in a flame. I had an

"1960" LP Classic Premium Plus with AAA flame cherry finish.

Great guitar...probably the only one I shouldn't have sold. :(

Archived