What is a gibson sg baldwin?

thetrooper9

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/gibson-sg-baldwin-signature-series_W0QQitemZ260338379768QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item260338379768

zero feedback seller AND buyer
:snax:

yep thats the one he bought

so it is made by gibson but it is a starter guitar. wow that sucks

he plays through a 5150 to

He was hoping it would be better than his washburn 7 string at least. (plus he wants a 6)

I told him if he dont like it he should sale it and buy my ibanez rg with duncan pups

• Members

He was hoping it would be better than his washburn 7 string at least. (plus he wants a 6)

I told him if he dont like it he should sale it and buy my ibanez rg with duncan pups

And there's the kicker! The OP must also be the eBay seller! It's merely a scheme to get this "friend" to buy the OP's Ibanez!

Excellent detective work on my part, if I do say so.

• Members

personally if i had zero feedback I would prolly just not send payment

• Members

Wow.......not good. I saw a pallat of those things at one of my old wholesalers for like $160. I think there were 7 in the lot so that is $22.86 a unit wholesale. Someone just made a huge profit off of that one. I would not expect to sell one of those for more than $50-$75. They are a low end starters first marketed over seas. If it's a ebay seller he probably picked them up from wholesale auction. They probably were not even manufactured for US sale.

• Members

Wow.......not good. I saw a pallat of those things at one of my old wholesalers for like $160. I think there were 7 in the lot so that is $22.86 a unit wholesale. Someone just made a huge profit off of that one. I would not expect to sell one of those for more than $50-$75. They are a low end starters first marketed over seas. If it's a ebay seller he probably picked them up from wholesale auction. They probably were not even manufactured for US sale.

Best Buy and Circuit City sold them. They may still, but I haven't seen one in a BB for a couple years.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

Actually the guitar is well structured and durable as far as hardware and also they are made out of solid wood and they have grover (type) hardware so the only problem I've encountered with these guitars is the electrical components the craftsmnship from  that detail is  way below the Gibson standards and with the several that I've had thats always been the problem with all of them and after fixing the wiring  problem I was left with a pretty good Les Paul copy starter guitar and they are great to teach on with it being lite and with it having  a narrow neck which is 2 main advantages to a starting out rocker to have!! so I give this guitar a (2 and a half) on the 5 star rating scale "Footnote" it so reminds me of a Hondo2 it's freaky almost a twin the, now Baldwin thing still throws me a bit it's like they showed up to a bad party because a star was there lol 😁

• 1 year later...
  • Members

actually I have o ne of these Spirit SG....and it plays fantastic......its very easy to play has very fast low action......

the strings are super easy to bend on .09's....pups sounds great gutsy...rich....playing thru my   4x10 cab....

I'd say its one of the better playing guitars Ive ever had.....BAD= had sharp edges on frets...

but i did a little sanding and got them smooth.....nice rosewood fingerboard.......feels well balanced in hand...

and feels very solid wood.....  but over all I'd say a nice guitar in this lower price range and better quality than the $500

current epiphones/.....I just played at guitar center...

it's a keeper for me.....

Edited by daverock