'Stagg' guitars, ar ethey all total crap??

Niteeyez

• Members

Im abit of a modder and usually replace the tuners, pickups etc on my guitars to suit preference. This usually leaves just the body,neck and bridge left. Now i have seen a brand called Stagg which have a number of inexpensive copies of all the guitar styles , ie: LP,strat,Tele,PRS etc.

Now i havent heard alot on these 'budget' guiats but some of there stuff are made from decent materials (namely the SG etc). Are they a decent enough brand, to bastardise/use or are all there stuff complete w**k????

• Members

I've mainly been advised about Stagg bass guitars. I was told by quite a few people that they are worth what you pay for them and a reasonable basis for modding. The guitar reviews that I've read have again suggested that they are worth what you pay for them, but at that price level reviews are typically mixed. http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/brand/Stagg

Some time ago a Stagg SG copy caused some discussion in this forum as the shape is suggestive of a fat ass.

G300-TCH.jpg

• Members

i bought one for my step son to learn on, he never took to it, so i ripped it apart, changed the hardware with some stuff from GFS, its probably the first guitar i pick up, its got alovely fat neck on it that just seems to fit perfectly in my hands

• Members

I have a Stagg LP copy that I've modded...

lp.jpg

Just the body/neck left really - put on Wilkinson tuners - Bigsby style trem - GS loudmouth pickups & rewired as per Jimmy Page wiring for coil splits, parallel/serial & in/out phase.

No complaints really - set neck, action goes nice & low with no nasty noises - pretty heavy now though with all that hardware (since that Pick I've swapped the pickup rings for gold ones...there just wasn't enough gold hardware on it for me before :eek:

• Moderators

lp.jpg

Just the body/neck left really - put on Wilkinson tuners - Bigsby style trem - GS loudmouth pickups & rewired as per Jimmy Page wiring for coil splits, parallel/serial & in/out phase.

No complaints really - set neck, action goes nice & low with no nasty noises - pretty heavy now though with all that hardware (since that Pick I've swapped the pickup rings for gold ones...there just wasn't enough gold hardware on it for me before
:eek:

Gotta say, that colour is well good man:thu:

• Members

Ive got a heavily modified Stagg tele thats been dubbed the "TeleMonster". Great guitars for mods, they play well, not too heavy, not too light. Mine has a 6 position reverse phase switch with an on/off switch for it, Fender mini humbucker and a full sized humbucker and Spurzel tuner.

igw3m0.jpg

• Members

Sweet mods! How do you like the Loudmouth pickups? What's their sonic signature?

lp.jpg

No complaints really - set neck, action goes nice & low with no nasty noises - pretty heavy now though with all that hardware (since that Pick I've swapped the pickup rings for gold ones...there just wasn't enough gold hardware on it for me before
:eek:

• Members

I played a Flying V copy of theirs once that wasn't total {censored}. The tuners and bridge seemed like molded plastic, but it played decently and sounded fair.

Dig it: they even sell a Jaguar-ish strat copy thingy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Stagg-M350-Electric-Guitar-Warrany-Sunburst_W0QQitemZ400018663356QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item400018663356&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

• 7 years later...
  • Members

Stagg M350 purchased from Ohio store. great price. from 2005 until now Electric Guitars have been manufactured with great reviews. Why because they are making them with the exact (Size) specifications.

This model the Stagg M350 which is a copy of a Jazzmaster or Jaguar but with a Stratocaster bridge which makes it even better for tuning stability. The feel is totally vintage it is heavy. and the Stratocaster pickups have warm quite tone. It is a great purchase. And would like to customize even better than it already is!.

great purchase for a discontinued STAGG model.

Any suggestions try the Stratocaster S300 and S250 models they have that vintage feel to them!.

• Members

I can't believe the Admins haven't fixed this zombie thread problem. All they have to do is either make all new member's first posts per-approved by mods, or lock all threads that are a certain amount of time old. When I was an Admin of the Glen Campbell board, I had all of the new members' posts put into a queue for approval, and that helped keep zombie threads and trouble makers from springing up. I knew the Admin of an R.E.M. forum who locked all threads that hadn't received activity in six months. These are simple fixes that will keep regular members from griping and encourage members to start new threads instead of digging up old ones from a decade ago.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I have a Stagg electric guitar and it is missing the gold metal oval Stagg emblem in the headstock (from the routered/indented oval space on the headstock). I am wondering if anyone out there can help me find another one to replace it.  A sample image is attached. spacer.png

• Members
12 minutes ago, AJ6stringsting said:

Just add a better trem system, locking tuners, better pickups, a roller nut and better electronics ..... you got a great tone machine

Throw in a new neck and body and you'll have something really nice. 😉

Archived